The festival introduces a star-studded lineup and consummate hosts, including the premiere of Amazon’s
“Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse” on opening night, along with a “Grilling Event at Sunset” ushered by renowned Restaurateur Rick Bayless at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, all set in the flourishing food city of Los Angeles
(L-R: Chef Hugh Acheson; LAFW 2015 Grand Avenue; Chef Emeril Lagasse; Chef Timothy Hollingsworth)
WHAT: Presented by Coastal Luxury Management and founding partners FOOD & WINE and Lexus, Los Angeles Food & Wine releases its 2016 chef all-star lineup and extraordinary programming for the 6th annual celebrated culinary event on August 25-28, 2016. Featuring the city’s most coveted restaurants, the festivities will range from strolling tasting events and an afternoon of noshing at the Santa Monica Barker Hangar’s Lexus Grand Tasting, to a private tour of LA’s newest contemporary art museum, The Broad. Guests can enjoy a weekend of revelry as Grand Avenue in Downtown Los Angeles is transformed just for this very special event.
Featuring three-nights and four-days of unparalleled tastings, lunches, seminars, book signings, and cooking demonstrations, some of the festival’s pinnacle events (with more to be announced soon) and talent this year will include:
- The premiere of Amazon’s Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse, which will kick off the festivities on Thursday, August 25
- “Grand Avenue Night Market” on Friday evening, August 26
- “Live on Grand” on Saturday, August 27, featuring tastings from over 30 chefs and 50 wineries
- Power Lunch Series returns on Friday, August 26 with exceptional chef collaborations taking place at Los Angeles’ most treasured restaurants, including:
- Brandon Kida (Hinoki & the Bird) and Kevin Meehan (Kali) at Hinoki & The Bird
- Vartan Abgaryan (71Above) and George Mendes (Lupulo & Aldea, NYC) at 71Above
- Timothy Hollingsworth (Otium) at Otium along with a private tour of The Broad
- Shawn Pham (Simbal) and a special guest chef at Simbal
- Greg Bernhardt (Paley) and Hugh Acheson (5 & 10, Athens, Georgia) at Paley
- Antonia Lofaso (Scopa Italian Roots) and Stephanie Izard (Girl & the Goat, Chicago) at Scopa Italian Roots
- Jason Neroni (The Rose Café) and Evan Funke (Felix) at The Rose Café
- David LeFevre (The Arthur J) and Alex Seidel (Fruition/Mercantile & Provision, Denver) at The Arthur J
- Modern Diner Dinner on Friday evening, August 26 will be an exclusive event featuring dishes from prominent Chefs Bruce Kalman (Union/Knead & Co. Pasta Bar + Market), and Nick Shipp (Upper West) at Nickel Diner
- Grilling Event at Sunset, featuring the wines of Copper Cane and Mi Marcelle swimwear, will be ushered by distinguished Restaurateur Rick Bayless (Red O, Frontera Grill) at the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica on Saturday evening, August 27
On sale now, tickets for individual events range from $50-300, with additional package and VIP options. Please continue to visit LAFW.com for updates and details on full programming of events, chefs, wineries, sommeliers, and mixologists participating at the 6th Annual Los Angeles Food & Wine festival.
WHEN: Thursday, August 25 through Sunday, August 28, 2016
WHERE: Headquartered in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles, with main events taking place directly in front of the iconic Walt Disney Concert Hall and The Broad museum (with closures along Grand Avenue, between 1st and 3rd street), the 6th annual Los Angeles Food & Wine festival will feature tastings, dinners, lunches, seminars, cooking demonstrations, and special events located across parts of greater Los Angeles, including Downtown, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Hollywood, and more.
TICKETS: Tickets are available to purchase by visiting LAFW.com or by calling 855-433-LAFW (5239)
MEDIA CREDENTIALS: Please continue to regularly check www.LAFW.com for updates on programming, and access to media credential request forms. For any specific inquiries, please email [email protected] and [email protected]
SPONSORS/PARTNERS: 2016 sponsors for Los Angeles Food & Wine include: FOOD & WINE, Lexus, Glenlivet, Stella Artois, Chase Private Client, Chef Works, Classic Party Rentals, and Vessel.
ABOUT COASTAL LUXURY MANAGEMENT, LLC:
Coastal Luxury Management, LLC (CLM), co-founded and managed by CEO David Alan Bernahl II, creates unique experiential opportunities in the hospitality, entertainment, restaurant, and event sectors. In addition to being named one of Inc. Magazine’s “Top Food & Beverage Companies” in 2012 and 2013, CLM has also been included in the annual Inc. 500/5000 ranking of the fastest-growing privately owned companies in the United States for the past two years. CLM produces Pebble Beach Food & Wine and the Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival, both recognized for the curation of the highest caliber of culinary and wine talents to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences. CLM’s catering division, Coastal Luxury Catering, combines the company’s restaurant and event divisions to offer full-service event planning and catering services for a variety of social, corporate, and non-profit events throughout the country. CLM’s restaurant division includes: Restaurant 1833, named one of Robb Report’s 2012 “Best of the Best” and a James Beard Foundation 2012 “Best New Restaurant” nominee; Cannery Row Brewing Company, home to one of the largest draft and bottled craft beer selections in Central California; and is recognized as the founder and visionary behind Los Angeles’ iconic Faith & Flower,which under CLM’s leadership was an Esquire magazine national Best New Restaurant” honoree in 2014. In the winter of 2013, through their continued partnership with hospitality entrepreneur Charles Banks, CLM launched Vessel. Aimed towards redefining the way people dine. Vessel offers a highly curated selection of glassware and tabletop accessories sourced from across the globe for retail consumers and restaurant venues. For more information about Coastal Luxury Management, please contact [email protected].
ABOUT FOOD & WINE
FOOD & WINE is the ultimate authority on the best of what’s new in food, drink, travel, design, and entertaining. FOOD & WINE has an extensive social media following on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and Foursquare. FOOD & WINE includes a monthly magazine; digital editions on the iPad, Kindle Fire and Nook Color; a website, foodandwine.com; a books division; FWx, a digital brand and website for millennials; plus newsletters, clubs, events around the globe and a restaurant partnership, Chefs Club by FOOD & WINE.
Lexus launched in 1989 with two luxury sedans and a commitment to pursue perfection. Since that time, Lexus has expanded its lineup to meet the needs of global luxury customers. Lexus is now going beyond its reputation for high quality vehicles with the integration of innovative technology, emotional exterior and interior designs, and engaging driving dynamics and performance. With six models incorporating Lexus Hybrid Drive, Lexus is the luxury hybrid leader. Lexus also offers eight F SPORT models and one F performance model. In the United States, Lexus vehicles are sold through 235 dealers who are committed to exemplary customer service.