January 19, 2016, Napa, CA – The countdown to Flavor! Napa Valley, March 16 – 20, 2016, has begun. The five-day food and wine festival supports programs and scholarships at The Culinary Institute of America’s Greystone Campus in St. Helena, CA. Flavor! Napa Valley showcases the finest in farm-to-table cuisine and world class wines with a series of local and celebrity chef demonstrations, intimate winemaker workshops, as well as grand tastings and exclusive experiences to bring out the best flavors of Napa Valley.
A highlight of Flavor! Napa Valley 2016 events include:
- Wednesday, March 16 — First Taste, Napa Valley, presented by Downtown Napa at the Culinary Institute of America’s new downtown campus at Copia in Napa, 6 – 9 p.m., *$95 per person. *Those who book overnight accommodations in downtown Napa will receive two tickets to the event.
- Thursday, March 17 — The Celebrity Chef and Winemaker Golf Tournament, new for 2016, at Silverado Resort & Spa in Napa, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. $200 per person.
- Thursday, March 17 – A Celebration of the Judgment of Paris Dinner at Silverado Resort & Spa in Napa, 6 – 10 p.m., $295 per person. Participating chefs include Matthew Accarrino, Bradley Ogden, Justin Yu and Larry Forgione.
- Saturday, March 19 — Legendary Napa Valley, The Grand Tasting at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone, 7 – 9:30 p.m., $175 per person.
- Sunday, March 20 — The “Meet Your Maker; The Butcher, The Baker, and The Sparkling Wine Maker” Brunch Party at The Meritage Resort & Spa in Napa, 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., $125 per person.
Terroir to Table
In addition to the Flavor! Napa Valley events listed above, the five-day food and wine event also includes a series of “Terroir to Table” workshops Thursday, March 17 through Saturday, March 19. These include “Behind the Scenes with Nickel & Nickel;” “Detox to Retox” at Indian Springs Resort; “Appellation Exploration” at HALL Wines; and “Winery Aromatherapy with a Corkscrew” at St. Supery Estate Vineyards.
A highlight of Flavor! Napa Valley “Chef Demos” include an “OpenTable Industry Trends Panel” at the Culinary Institute of America at Copia; “Cooking with Christopher Kostow,”chef at Michelin three star The Restaurant at Meadowood; “Pizza Making with Tony Gemignani,” of Tony’s Pizza Napoletana; and “From Vegas to the Valley with Chef Rick Moonen.”
Additional highlights of Flavor! Napa Valley include Wine Classes, offered Friday, March 18 and Saturday, March 19, include “Spring Awakening & the Rose Revolution;” “Aromatic White Wines for Spring;” “Exploring the Rhone Zone;” and “The Young Turks of Napa Valley.”
Other exciting events, including “After Parties,” and “Tours,” as well as full descriptions of all events, including dates, times, pricing and ticket information, may be found at Flavor! Napa Valley.
For those wishing to enjoy a “full” Flavor! Napa Valley experience by attending multiple events over the course of four days, Visit Napa Valley offers an array of overnight packages, many of which include tickets to select Flavor! Napa Valley events.
Win a San Francisco and Napa Valley Getaway
Enter to win a San Francisco Bay Area package for two, which includes two nights at Hotel Nikko in San Francisco; dinner for two at Anzu; two nights at the Silverado Resort and Spa in Napa; a $100 American Express gift card; and two tickets to the Flavor! Napa Valley Grand Tasting. To enter, click on this link by Feb. 15, 2016 http://www.sanfrancisco.travel/article/win-flavor-napa-valley-getaway
One winner will be selected. Must be 21 years or older. Open to US residents only. By entering this contest, you will be added to receive emails from SF Travel and Visit Napa Valley.
Visit Napa Valley is proud to announce the sponsors for Flavor! Napa Valley 2016:
- Presenting Sponsor — American Express
- Founding Sponsor — Silverado Resort & Spa
- Imperial Sponsors — Downtown Napa and Meritage Resort & Spa
- Jeroboam Sponsor — OpenTable
- Double Magnum Sponsors – HALL Wines and Treasury Wine Estates
- Magnum Sponsor — Eventbrite
- Media Sponsor – San Francisco Travel
Flavor! Napa Valley is produced by Visit Napa Valley, the official tourism marketing organization for the Napa Valley, in association with San Francisco based event management companies Andrew Freeman & Co. and DPEM.
About Visit Napa Valley
Visit Napa Valley is the official tourism marketing organization for the Napa Valley, with a mission to promote, protect and enhance the region’s position as one of the world’s premier wine, food, arts and wellness destinations. The area, known for its legendary hospitality, is also internationally recognized as one of only eight “Great Wine Capitals” and has more Michelin Stars per capita than any other wine region in the world.
The Napa Valley, conveniently located just an hour from the San Francisco Bay Area, consists of the following distinctive towns, including, from north to south, Calistoga, St. Helena, Rutherford/Oakville, Yountville, the city of Napa, American Canyon, and the outdoor recreation area of Lake Berryessa.
The Napa Valley Welcome Center, located at 600 Main St. along the riverfront in downtown Napa, provides visitors with expert Concierge services from Napa Valley Ambassadors who offer complimentary Napa Valley Guidebooks, maps, brochures and winery tasting passes. The Welcome Center, open daily 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., also offers complimentary Wi-Fi and a mercantile shop featuring locally sourced gift items.
For additional information on the Napa Valley, or to plan your Napa Valley experience, please explore www.VisitNapaValley.com, join “The Napa Valley” on Facebook, and follow @VisitNapaValley on Twitter.