Fast-changing consumer preferences require a rapid response from manufacturers, driving demands for processing and packaging technologies that yield greater flexibility, sustainability and efficiency. This fall, the destination for solutions is PACK EXPO Las Vegas (Las Vegas Convention Center; Sept. 28-30, 2015), owned and organized by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies.
With more than 800,000 net square feet of innovation and quality educational opportunities, PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2015 includes the first-ever Las Vegas co-location of Pharma EXPO, which PMMI produces in partnership with the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE). As a result, the event offers many opportunities to cross-pollinate ideas across industries.
To help beverage brand owners, processors, and manufacturers easily locate the solutions and suppliers they need, PACK EXPO Las Vegas includes industry-specific pavilions and features such as The Beverage Cooler Lounge (Upper South Hall, Booth # S-7429) hosted by the International Society of Beverage Technologists (ISBT), and the Contract Packaging Sourcing Center (Central Hall, Booth # C-1257) hosted by the Contract Packaging Association (CPA). That’s in addition to other show-floor features, including these:
- The Brand Zone (Lower South Hall) will feature solutions to help manufacturers make strong, differentiating statements with their packaging. This pavilion will showcase the latest material and container innovations in a wide range of substrates, state-of-the-art labeling and decorating technologies, and re-sealing closures. The Brand Zone is also home to the Annual Showcase of Packaging Innovations, sponsored by Dow Chemical Company, which features an inspiring array of award-winning designs.
- The Processing Zone (Upper South Hall) will highlight front-of-line processing solutions for manufacturers in sectors including the baking and snack, beverage, meat and poultry, dairy and confectionery industries. With more than 190 exhibitors showcasing processing solutions, it’s the perfect starting place to find technologies for increasing efficiency, achieving total system integration and ensuring safety.
- The Reusable Packaging Pavilion (Lower South Hall), sponsored by the Reusable Packaging Association (RPA), presents over 30 exhibitors who can help you reduce waste, cut costs, and gain chain efficiency. If you’re considering how reusable packaging can help your bottom line, start here.
In addition to its aisle of technologies, PACK EXPO Las Vegas give you access to a wide range of education on the show floor at no charge. The Innovation Stage (Booth # C-1041) presents 30-minute seminars throughout the day, with focus on breakthrough technologies and techniques with applications in a wide variety of industries. The Food Safety Summit Resource Center (Booth # S-7632), presented by the Food Safety Summit, will offer talks by subject matter experts on best practices and recent advances in areas such as HACCP, food fraud, federal and state regulations, environmental monitoring, allergens and compliance with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
At the Center for Trends & Technology (Booth # C-4829), brought to you by Rockwell Automation and its Partner Network™, attendees can learn about the absolute latest advances that can improve production in exciting ways. The center will cover topics such as connected enterprise working environment, network connectivity, security, remote access, safety, serialization and line integration.
Take a look at some of the other innovations you can expect to see at the show:
- Integrate Pulsed-light Decontamination into Fillers
Claranor (Booth #S-5811) will showcase its cup decontamination range of dry, non-chemical, pulsed-light solutions at PACK EXPO Las Vegas. Requiring no post-thermal treatment, Claranor’s solutions offer easy-to-integrate sterilization for linear or rotary fillers on plate conveyors for applications in canned foods, beverages and other refrigerated products.
- New Paddle Blender Mixes Five Times Faster than Ribbon Blender
American Process Systems, Member Eirich Group (Booth #S-7101) will introduce the OptimaBlend™ fluidizing paddle blender at PACK EXPO. The newest addition to a complete line of mixing equipment, the OptimaBlend™ mixes difficult, diverse ingredients five times faster than a ribbon blender and balances mixing speed and efficiency with energy savings.
- Efficient Final-check Inspection Process for Glass and PET Containers
FILTEC (Booth #C-1607) will celebrate the official U.S. launch of its latest technology, the Spectrovision Floater, at PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2015. The machine is capable of detecting foreign objects floating near the fill level of containers, including but not limited to: transparent foil, cellophane, candy wrappers, paper, wood and plastic capsules. This capability allows businesses to meet stringent detection standards and meet or exceed regulatory demands.
- New Rotary Screw Compressor Increases Efficiency by 26 Percent
Kaeser Compressors, Inc. (Booth S-7362) will showcase the SFC 22, the latest iteration of the SFC variable speed drive compressor, at PACK EXPO Las Vegas. The high-performance SFC 22 increases energy-saving potential by using a combination of true drive direct design, premium efficiency motors, lower internal pressure differential, optimized airends and built-in heat recovery options. New features also include an enhanced cooling design, eco-friendly filter element, integral moisture separation with drain and an electronic thermal management system.
- 15 Degree Roller Belt Allows for Smoother Transfers
Habasit America’s (Booth S-7433) new M5482 roller top belt for 90-degree transfers enables smoother transitions along the packaging line and, because of its unique-15 degree rotation design, reduces damage to packages. The M5482 belt’s closed edges and patent smart-fit rod retention system provide an advantage over the competition. The ability to perform 90-degree transfers allows product flow to occur without using radius conveyors, saving valuable square footage on factory floors. The belt allows for an inch from the edge to the centerline to the first roller and two inches of lateral spacing.
- Off-line Label Printers Increase Brand Flexibility, Speed to Market
Afinia Label (Booth S-7649) offers inkjet label-printing technology that increases brand flexibility, reduces time to market and drops the cost per label. It offers UV- and water-resistance solutions that work with in-house label printers. The DLF-1000 works off-line to laminate, plotter cut, remove matrix, slit and roll labels that are ready for application by hand or machine. The DLP-2000 is an in-line solution that can cut large volumes of labels in a variety of shapes and sizes at speeds up to 7,200 printed and finished labels per hour.
- Reduce Carbon Footprint and Costs with ABS Cooling Piping
Firms can reduce operating costs with implementing energy-efficient piping systems, such as the pre-insulated piping solution by GF Piping Systems (Booth S-6766). The high-quality, environmentally friendly technology lowers operating costs, as its COOL-FIT ABS Plus with patented joining technology reduces the carbon dioxide footprint by 40 percent to 60 percent over any other metal protection.
- Improved Package Coating Enhances Surface Texture
The Filmquest Group (Booth S-8244) will introduce its CP-267 Series Ultra Low Gloss Soft Velvet Touch Matte coating for various packaging applications. The proprietary coating is typically applied to polyester, polypropylene, nylon films and other substrates. The gloss’ improved qualities include a unique soft velvet-touch surface texture, backside printability, high coefficient of friction (COF) and consistent ultra-low gloss and opacity levels.
To register for PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2015, visit packexpolasvegas.com. A discounted registration rate of $30 applies until September 14, when it increases to $100.