Meet some of the most notable women in the wine industry and taste hand-crafted, artisan wines from around the world
Held during Women’s History Month (March) the first of its kind symposium celebrates the achievements and advancement of women in the wine industry spanning the globe. As part of the two day event, the “Women of the Vine” Grand Tasting Gala will be held Saturday, March 14, 2015, 5:00pm – 7:30pm at The Meritage Resort and Spa, Napa, CA.
More than 40 of the most notable women in the wine industry will be gathered under one roof to pour their wines for over 600 guests. The celebration is one of thousands of events scheduled across the globe where women will gather together for inspiration and to celebrate achievements.
PARTICIPATING WINERIES include:
- Black Stallion Estate Winery, Alicia Ysais
- Chateau Ste. Michelle, Wendy Stuckey
- Chimney Rock, Elizabeth Vianna
- Clif Family Winery, Laura Barrett
- Clos du Val, Kristy Melton
- DaMa Wines, Judith Shulman
- Dry Creek Vineyard, Kim Stare Wallace
- Fetzer, Tammy LaNasa
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery, Sandy Walheim, Tondi Bolkan
- Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards, Eva Bertran
- Heitz Wine Cellars, Brittnay Dibb
- Jessup Cellars, Handwritten Wines & Humanitas Wines, Jana Thompson
- Lohr Vineyard & Wines, Cynthia Lohr
- J Vineyard & Winery, Melissa Stackhouse
- La Follette, Simone Sequeira
- Macchu Pisco, Lizzie Asher
- Moet Hennessy Wines, Kristen Brott
- Moet Hennessy Champagne / Sparkling Wines, Amy Currens
- MORE Uncorked / Tobias, Warwick Professor, Carol Shelton Wines, Kristen Decker
- O Wines, Katie Nelson
- Pernod Ricard
- Planeta, Patricia Toth
- Qupe & Verdad, Louisa Lindquist
- Robert Mondavi Winery, Genevieve Janssens
- Rodney Strong, Colleen Brennan
- Rutherford Hill, Marisa Taylor
- Sacred Hill, Wendy Moss
- Sequoia Grove Winery, Molly Hill
- Schweiger Vineyards, Diana Schweiger
- SIMI, Susan Lueker
- Sokol Blosser Wines, Susan Sokol Blosser
- Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars, Elizabeth DeLouise-Gant
- Treasury Wine Estates
- Trinchero Family Estates, Carissa Abazia
- Trombetta Wine, Rickey Stancliff
- V2 Wine Group / Steelhead Vineyards, Katy Leese
- Vignobles Ponty, Helene Ponty
- Villa Vallecito Vineyards, G. Sanchez-Hagedorn
- Vineyard Brands
- Vintage Wine Estates, Terry Wheatley
- Wente Vineyards, Christine Wente
- WineShop at Home
About Women of the Vine Global Symposium:
The Women of the Vine Global Symposium is for today’s enterprising women in the wine industry, it is their passion for their careers in wine that both defines them and unites them.
It is the first of its kind two-day trade event enabling women across all sectors of the wine industry and across the globe to connect, network, mentor, collaborate and support each other. For more information and registration, visit www.womenofthevine.com
About Deborah Brenner, Founder, Women of the Vine:
For 16 years, Deborah traveled the world as a marketer of computer technology used by television and film studios and was involved in several successful high end technology startups. She found success as an executive but she longed for a change and to unleash her entrepreneurial spirit.
From 2002-2005, Ms. Brenner ran her own marketing and public relations firm and worked with many prestigious companies such as Cinecitta Studios of Rome, Quantel, NBC and CNBC.
But her passion for food and wine led to a trip to the Napa Valley and a fortuitous lunch at Mustard’s Grill. Curiosity and her journalism education prompted Brenner to do more research on women in the winemaking business.
The idea for the book, Women of the Vine was born, and Deborah was soon trekking to California to interview passionate (and famous) winemaking women entrepreneurs.
In the process, she realized that along with the book, she could champion these women more directly by going into the business herself.
Brenner along with an Advisory Board comprised of notable wine industry leaders has organized the first of its kind two day annual symposium devoted to advancing women’s careers in the wine industry. www.womenofthevine.com