Napa, CA (December 8, 2014) — Today, Owner and Founder David Parker announces the merger of his ecommerce companies Benchmark Wine Group and Brentwood Wine Company. Offering an unparalleled selection of collectable and rare wines from the past 50 years, Napa Valley-based Benchmark Wine Group is one of the largest and most trusted fine and rare wine resellers in the country, serving top collectors, restaurants and specialty retailers. Brentwood Wine Company pioneered weekly internet wine auctions in 1998 and is the Pacific Northwest’s only wine auction house. Unifying the two uniquely positions the company to provide a comprehensive and unique set of services in the fine and rare wine industry. Combining the established resources, technologies, and unique options of Parker’s retail and auction house will improve the client experience and expand Benchmark’s professional presence in the industry. This merger is effective immediately and the resulting expansion of services will be completed by summer 2015.
“Though they were developed independently, each company has been equally driven to deliver a highly personalized, exceptional experience every time. This merger makes clear strategic sense by elevating the level at which we serve our clients and broadening both wine purchase and marketing choices,” explains Parker. “It is part of our national expansion, combining our major presence in California with that in the Pacific Northwest. Along with our offices on the east coast and Midwest, we are now positioned to provide personal service throughout the country.”
Key benefits of the merger:
- Expanded high-touch customer service
- Unmatched centralized inspection and authentication capabilities
- An expanded selection of elite bottles from the world’s greatest cellars with guaranteed provenance for purchase at retail or auction
- The convenience of combining retail and auction purchases in one shipment
- Expanded, flexible and personalized options for clients bringing their rare wine collections to market