June 18, 2018: Wente Vineyards, the country’s oldest, continuously operated family-owned winery, announced a new lineup of tasting and touring experiences at the family’s historic Livermore Valley estate in honor of their 135th Anniversary this year.
A series of seven new tasting experiences that range from introductory to immersive, enabling Wente Vineyards’ guests and members to choose from an array of bespoke options:
Journey Flight Tasting ($20 ~ 45-60 mins.)
- This tasting, centered around the story of the Wente Family’s passion-filled journey, is customizable by guests, who can now choose which five red and white wines they include in their flight (depending on availability & releases). Available in The Vineyard Tasting Room, The Estate Tasting Room and Winemakers Studio (reservations not required). Seated tasting experiences at The Estate Tasting Room (Starting at $25) available with reservations through CellarPass beginning June 25th.
Sunday in The Caves ($45 ~ 60-90 mins.)
- This unique offering in the Wente Vineyards estate caves features cheeses by local cheesemakers Nicolau Farms. Like the Wentes, the Nicolau family is also a multi-generational family-run company, with similarly sustainable farming practices. The cow and goat cheeses will be thoughtfully paired with Wente Vineyards selections (and will also be available for take-home purchasing). Tours begin in the Vineyard Tasting Room. Offered Sundays only or to private groups by request. Guests can call or reserve on CellarPass beginning June 25th.
The Vineyard Property Tour ($35 ~ 60-90 mins.)
- The Property Tour spans some of the most iconic markers of the Wente Vineyards property, taking guests from the Cork Tree through the Cabernet Franc Vineyard the Tirage, the historic sandstone caves (subject to availability), the ½ acre garden and ending in the Vineyard Tasting Room while tasting Wente Vineyards wines. Guests will leave the tour with a comprehensive understanding of the rich history, winemaking, and sustainability measures of Wente Vineyards. Perfect for anyone who is new to the Wente Vineyards story or fans looking for a deeper dive. Offered daily at 11AM and 1PM. Guests can call or reserve on CellarPass beginning June 25th.
The Estate Winery Property Tour ($35 ~ 45-60 mins.)
- The Estate Winery Property Tour is for guests hoping to learn more about the technical winemaking behind their favorite Wente Vineyards wines. The tour will commence at the Estate Tasting Room with an overview at the Winemakers Studio and continue on to a behind-the-scenes tour of the crush pad, Small Lot Room, Barrel Room and end in the Nth Degree Lounge while tasting Wente Vineyards wines. Available Monday – Friday 11:30AM & 2:30PM; Saturday – Sunday 11:30AM. Guests can call or reserve on CellarPass now.
Harvest Tour ($45 ~ 45-60 mins.)
- A must during harvest season! The Harvest Tour will serve as an expanded Estate Winery Property Tour from August through late October, since guests will be able to actually witness ‘crush’ live and in-person as grapes are brought in. The focus will be on the season’s harvest, the estate’s signature winemaking practices and how the wines achieve their high quality. Guests can call or reserve on Cellar Pass beginning June 25th.
Vineyard Tour & Dinner ($135 ~ 2.5-3 hrs.)
- An educational tour where guests can take The Livermore Wine Trolley deep into the estate’s most premium Nth Degree vineyard vines, with tastings along the way and a full catered dinner at the end. Guests will start at the Winemakers Studio before the trolley transports them behind the Estate Property and into the vineyards and olive grove. Dinner is at the Winemakers Studio (which is magically transformed into a dinner venue during the vineyard tour). Vineyard Tour & Dinner Dates: July 14, August 11, and September 15. Guests will be able to reserve on Cellar Pass or call The Winemakers Studio now.
The Vineyard Table at The Restaurant ($55 Club Members/$65 guests ~ 90 mins.)
- Lunch at The Vineyard Table, a new wine & food experience at The Restaurant. Enjoy a three-course wine and food journey, showcasing Wente Vineyards’ small lot wines chosen by Jorge Tinoco, Wine Director, and ingredient-driven dishes from the culinary team led by Executive Chef Mike Ward and Executive Pastry Chef Kayleigh Guyon. Available Friday – Sunday, 11:30AM – 2PM. For reservations, call (925) 456-2450 or reserve on OpenTable now.
Journey Flight Tasting and The Estate Winery Tour are available now. The Vineyard Property Tour, Sundays in The Caves, and Vineyard Tour & Dinner experiences will be offered starting in July. Harvest Tours will be given throughout harvest, approximately August through late October.
Various locations at Wente Vineyards depending on experience (see above).
- The Estate Winery & Tasting Room: 5565 Tesla Road Livermore, CA 94550
- The Winemakers Studio: 5565 Tesla Road Livermore, CA 94550
- Vineyard Tasting Room: 5050 Arroyo Road Livermore, CA 94550
- The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards: 5050 Arroyo Road Livermore, CA 94550
Acknowledged for their industry-wide contributions to innovation, sustainability and hospitality, and known widely as California’s First Family of Chardonnay, Wente Vineyards is respected by both critics and consumers alike as a leader in crafting appealing, top quality, appellation-driven California wines. A wide array of initiatives and consumer events are planned for 2018 in celebration of the 135th anniversary, including an impressive lineup of artists for their Summer Concert Series.
Check www.wentevineyards.com for more information and tickets.