In depth background material on C and Napa County’s environment
Napa Valley, May 2018 — Napa Valley Vintner Stuart Smith has created a blog to be an online home for all of the materials supporting No on C, www.stopmeasurec.com.
“In my nearly 50 years of living in Napa Valley I’ve never seen a ballot initiative which has become so divisive in our community,” he explains. “My goal is to bring facts, articles and science to bear on the many issues that are applicable not only to Measure C, but to a better understanding of how our environment functions. Hopefully, those who support Measure C will find the information thoughtful and challenging,” he says.
Smith will be adding additional updates and links until the election in June.
Sections on the blog include:
- The text of the initiative
- The language in the voter’s pamphlet
- An analysis of the numbers being quoted in the initiative discussion (By The Numbers)
- The anti C editorials from the editorial boards of the Napa Valley Register and St. Helena Star
- Research articles about forestry, water and air quality
- A discussion of Section E of Measure C
- Stuart Smith’s reflections on the ethics (Morality of Measure C)
- A compilation of No on C letters, including several of Stuart Smith’s
- Links to the 9111 Report, the Groundwater Sustainability Report, the Voluntary Oak Woodland Management Plan
- The list of organizations opposing Measure C
The No on C campaign can be found at http://protectnapa.com/ .
Smith founded Smith-Madrone Winery in St. Helena in 1971.