$50,000 Awarded to 10 Sonoma County Nonprofit Organizations
Kenwood, Calif. (March 14, 2018) – Landmark Vineyards today announced $50,000 in awards to 10 nonprofit organizations through its new Landmark Community Grants program. These grants serve programs in Sonoma Valley and Russian River Valley, two regions of Sonoma County where many Landmark employees live and work.
Since 2014, Landmark has donated over $200,000 to local organizations through grants and employee-directed donations. The Landmark Community Grants program continues this tradition of supporting community organizations by funding projects and services that operate at a grassroots level to strengthen the region. Applications will be accepted for the next round of grants beginning in January 2019 at http://landmarkwinegrants.com/community.html and awarded by the second quarter of 2019.
“We’re proud to introduce the Landmark Community Grants program to help serve the local organizations that do so much for our communities,” said Matt Steel, General Manager of Landmark Vineyards. “After the devastating fires last fall, our grant program demonstrates our ongoing commitment to ensuring that Sonoma remains a vibrant and thriving region.”
The 10 organizations receiving grants today are:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Sonoma Valley – Funds new physical fitness equipment to be used weekly by 300 youth.
- Farm to Pantry – Supports the Gleaning Program, which provides surplus fruits and vegetables to programs that help nourish the underserved.
- Forget Me Not Children’s Services – Funds a garden therapy program that teaches gardening and nutrition education.
- La Luz Center – Supports a new initiative to provide legal aid and mental health services to immigrant families.
- LifeWorks of Sonoma County – Continues the Bridge “El Puente” program, which provides in-home intervention counseling services for at-risk youth.
- North Coast Resource Conservation & Development Council – Partners with local Girl Scouts to maintain and expand protected habitats for bees.
- Social Advocates for Youth – Supports staff and volunteers to provide outreach services to at-risk and homeless youth.
- Sonoma County Public Library Foundation – Purchases additional books and expands the number of distribution sites of the Free Bookmobile program.
- Sonoma Ecology Center – Funds trail repairs to the 2,480 feet of trails that were damaged in the October 2017 fires in Sugarloaf State Park.
- Valley of the Moon Children’s Home Foundation – Purchases equipment and supplies to provide dental services to children in emergency foster care.
Landmark Community Grants accompanies the Landmark School Grants program, which was created last fall to support classroom projects and field trips for local schools. More information about Landmark’s grant programs is available at http://landmarkwinegrants.com/.
About Landmark Vineyards
Nestled at the base of the Mayacamas Mountain Range in the Sonoma Valley, Landmark® Vineyards epitomizes the rustic grace and beauty of Sonoma County. Since 1974, Landmark has been dedicated to producing handcrafted, ultra-premium Chardonnay and Pinot Noir sourcing grapes from unique vineyard sites throughout California to create rich, balanced wines. Their signature wine, the Overlook Chardonnay, has appeared on The Wine Spectator Top 100 list six times. Landmark’s wines may be purchased via select wine shops and restaurants, or directly from Landmark’s Tasting Room, on-line store, or through membership in the Wine Society. To discover more about Landmark’s remarkable approach to winemaking, visit www.landmarkwine.com.
About The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world. Its iconic brands include FIJI® Water, POM Wonderful®, Wonderful® Pistachios & Wonderful® Almonds, Wonderful® Halos®, Teleflora®, JUSTIN® Wines and Landmark® Wines.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.