Pinot Weekend Scheduled in Honor of National Pinot Noir Day, August 18th
Sonoma, CA (August 1, 2017) —Why celebrate Pinot Noir on just one day, when you can make it three? In honor of National Pinot Noir Day August 18th, Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards will be celebrating its magnificent pinots all weekend long with special tastings, light bites and live music, ensuring no pinot lover will be left out of the fun. Gloria Ferrer’s Pinot Weekend will take place Friday, August 18th from 12-4 p.m., Saturday, August 19th from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., and Sunday, August 20th from12-4 p.m. in the arbor at the winery located at 23555 Hwy 121 (Arnold Dr.), Sonoma. General Admission tickets cost $45; special ticket prices are available for Gloria Ferrer club members. Tickets include nibbles, live music in the arbor, a tasting of Gloria Ferrer’s award-winning olive oils, as well as access to 3-4 wine stations featuring several estate, single vineyard and clonal Pinots (most winery exclusives), including:
- 2016 Carneros Estate Pinot Blanc ($27) – Hand harvested from 159 of our best estate vines and 100 percent stainless steel fermented, this wine is delicate and crisp with bright fruit flavors.
- 2013 Rust Rock Terrace Pinot Noir ($50) – Comprised of shallow, rocky, volcanic soils situated on the uppermost hillside at the northwest end of our Circle Bar Ranch vineyard, the Rust Rock Terrace produces wines with elegant fruit characteristics and silky mouth feel.
- 2013 Gravel Knob Pinot Noir ($50) – The Gravel Knob vineyard is comprised of several blocks on the hillside closest to the winery, our Home Ranch. Only a small selection of the grapes from this 30-acre vineyard block is used to craft this unique Pinot Noir with impressive and intricate flavors.
- 2014 José S. Ferrer Pinot Noir ($55)– Jose named Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards to honor his loving wife. In turn, we named our finest Pinot Noir to honor Jose. Every vintage our winemaker tastes through selected barrels containing that harvest’s best fruit to create this barrel selection wine.
- 2017 Colmar Clone Pinot Noir ($70) – Only 100 cases of this very special wine featuring the distinctive Colmar Clone were produced. With a generous nose of spice and fruit, the wine offers a full and silky mouthfeel and a bright finish.
Gloria Ferrer adores Pinot Noir. Over 75 percent of our Carneros estate is planted with choice domestic and rare imported Pinot Noir clones (from Champagne and Dijon). We are steadfast in the belief that this enigmatic, peerlessly expressive varietal brings unrivaled finesse, balance, depth and complexity to our sparkling and estate varietal wines. It is our signature grape and we look forward to celebrating it with you.
Space is limited! Tickets for Pinot Weekend are available now at www.gloriaferrer.com .