** Friday, September 9th and Saturday, September 10th on the Mendocino Coast **
FORT BRAGG, CA – (August 9, 2016) – The 32nd Annual Winesong event, a spectacular weekend of award-winning wine, fabulous food, fine art, music, merriment, and charitable giving held on the Mendocino Coast, will take place next month, and event organizers are pleased to announce this year’s line-up of spectacular auction lots.
Winesong kicks off of Friday, September 9 with A Pinot Noir Celebration at the Little River Inn. On Saturday, September 12, guests who attend the Grand Tasting will stroll through the enchanting Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens while enjoying vintages poured by world-class wineries in Mendocino, Napa, Sonoma and beyond, and bites from nearly 50 fine food purveyors. The celebration continues on into the Auction Tents for the always-entertaining main attraction, the Live and Silent Auctions, where the Hot! Hot! Auction Lots will be on offer. Winesong is produced by the Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation and all proceeds from both events go towards supporting the local Mendocino Coast District Hospital that serves so many in the area.
Attendees will have the opportunity to bid on more than 150 lots, featuring spectacular wines from a selection of prestigious wine producers, rare and hard-to-find vintages, and special vertical and horizontal collections. Original paintings and art from highly acclaimed artists, as well as domestic and international vacation packages and custom-designed wine getaway experiences will also share the auction limelight. In addition, a variety of items will be on offer in the silent and super silent auctions.
Some select ‘HOT LOT’ highlights from Winesong 2016:
- 24 bottle vertical of Chateauneuf du Pape – Chateau de Beaucastel
- 4 Perfect wines of 100 points per Robert Parker – all 2005 vintages of Bordeaux blends
- Six bottle vertical of 1987 Opus One
- Golf at St. Andrews, Scotland (2 ppl) – 7 night stay at 5-star Fairmont St. Andrews Golf Resort & Spa
- Tuscany Truffle Hunt (4 ppl) – 7 nights in a private villa in Cortona, Italy (think Under the Tuscan Sun)
- Kentucky Bourbon Trail (4 ppl) – 3 night stay
- Indy 500 (2 ppl) – 3 night stay at Conrad Hotel, plus tickets for 101st Indy 500, includes parade, grandstand seats, pit & garage area, Snakepit Ball
- Lowell Herrero’s “Garvey Grape Harvest” – 4’ x 5’ framed giclee on canvas (Artist of the Year)
- Edward Gordon, rare (SOLD OUT) signed limited edition giclee, “Corner Room” (28/350)
- Grace Family Vineyards tour, tasting and dinner for 4 with Grace Family and Janet Herrero, plus etched 3L of Lowell Herrero work and a 3’ x 4’ giclee of “Graceful Harvest” by Lowell Herrero
- Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Estate Wine Tasting & Cave Tour for 4 ppl, plus limited edition etched double magnum 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon to commemorate 40th Anniversary of the Judgement of Paris
The main sponsor, Celebrity Cruises, is proud to support Winesong and the Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation for the second year as part of their commitment to enhancing the life of the collective community here in Northern California. A host of additional local and national businesses will also be sponsoring this year’s event, including Harvest Market, North Coast Brewing Company, JetBlue, Mendo Lake Credit Union, The Coast FM – KOZT, Savings Bank of Mendocino, Mendocino Winegrowers Inc., Safeway, CalStar Air Ambulance, Anderson Valley Winegrowers Association, and Birchware Compostable Utensils. For further information the 2016 Winesong event sponsors, please visit http://winesong.org/sponsors-2/.
In addition, Winesong is pleased to announce revered artist and long-time Winesong supporter, the late Lowell Herrero, as this year’s Artist of the Year, and Grace Family Vineyards as the 2016 Honored Winery.
Further details regarding the Winesong events:
A Pinot Noir Celebration: Meet the Winemakers
Friday, September 9, 2016 | 1 to 4 p.m.
The weekend kicks off with a prestigious Pinot Noir tasting, presented by Winesong and hosted by Little River Inn. Attendees will enjoy Pinot Noir from renowned Anderson Valley, along with wines from other award-winning pinot regions, alongside tastes of Little River Inn’s finest culinary offerings. General Admission Tickets for A Pinot Noir Celebration: Meet the Winemakers are $75 per person.
Wine & Food Grand Tasting in the Gardens
Saturday, September 10, 2016 | 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Stroll through the lush Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens while enjoying vintages poured by world-class wineries from Mendocino, Sonoma, Napa, and beyond. Sample beer, spirits, and food from fine purveyors. The tasting is accented by various musical groups performing a variety of styles including jazz, classical, blues, calypso and folk rock. General Admission Tickets with festival seating at auction and access to wine and food tasting are $150 per person.
Silent & Live Auctions
Saturday, September 10, 2016 | SILENT: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; LIVE: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The centerpiece of Winesong weekend is the Charity Auction, featuring both a silent and live auction. More than 100 lots will be on offer, featuring spectacular wines from the world’s most prestigious wine producers, rare vintages, large format bottles and special vertical and horizontal collections, as well as original art from acclaimed California artists (including Lowell Herrero) and highly coveted international and domestic vacation packages. Auction Reserve Tickets with assigned seating under the auction tent (w/catered lunch) and access to wine and food tasting are $250 per person.
Tickets to all events are available for purchase at: https://winesong.ejoinme.org/purchase-tickets-winesong-2016.
For further information, please visit http://winesong.org or call (707) 961-4688