- This event has passed.
Postmodern Winemaking “Somm-inar” with Clark Smith
July 14 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm PDT
Spend the afternoon with celebrated maverick, Clark Smith, owner/winemaker of WineSmith and author of Postmodern Winemaking Sunday, July 14th! Named one of 48 Most Influential People in the Wine Industry, Smith calls into question conventional wisdom and explores traditions outside of mainstream wine production techniques. His WineSmith wines are forgeries and oddities that often succeed at the seemingly impossible, using traditional varieties and sometimes eclectic experiments with novel varieties and styles to illustrate many challenges to sommelier expectations.
“I want to show that California is an excellent place to make French-style wines – balanced, moderate alcohol, age-worthy and profound”.
Wine List (Preliminary)
- WineSmith 2007 Brut Zero Santa Cruz Mountains Sparkling Grenache – $60
- WineSmith 2005 Napa Faux Chablis (100% Chardonnay)- $40
- WineSmith 2014 Santa Cruz Mountains Red Grenache – $40
- WineSmith 2007 Russian River Pinot Noir – $75
- WineSmith 2015 Carneros St. Laurent – $40
- WineSmith 2010 Lake County Cabernet Franc – $40
- Two Jakes 2010 Roman Reserve Lake County Cabernet Franc – $50
- WineSmith 2007 Napa “Crucible”(100% Cabernet Sauvignon) – $275
- Barrel sample of WineSmith 2017 Clarksburg Norton – $50
- Barrel sample of WineSmith 2013 Humboldt Meritage – $80
- Barrel sample WineSmith NV Petit Manseng – $25/375 ml