It is time to submit your wines for 2021’s first quarter reviews to Connoisseurs’ Guide to California Wine (CGCW), a monthly wine newsletter covering the entire West Coast. This newsletter has reviewed tens of thousands of West Coast wines to date since 1974 during which it was in continuous publication.
CGCW tastes blind, peer-to-peer, with consistent methodology, and “at the same table.” They do not write their reviews based on casual walk-arounds or winery tastings.
The publication schedule is as follows:
- JANUARY: Zinfandel, Sauvignon Blanc, Domestic Rosé (submittal deadline November 21st)
- FEBRUARY: Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris/Grigio (submittal deadline December 19th)
- MARCH: Rhône reds – Grenache, Syrah, Petite Sirah, Mourvèdre, Carignane, Cinsault, red Rhône blends; Rhône whites – Viognier, Grenache Blanc, Roussanne, Marsanne, white Rhône blends (submittal deadline January 23rd)
There is no fee for participating or specific form to fill out, but we do request the following with your submission:
- California Suggested Retail Price (required)
- Case Production (required)
- Cepage/blend, if not 100% varietal
- Final Analysis (pH, TA etc) if available
- Two Bottles for each wine submitted
- Contact name, email address and phone number if we have questions
Please send wines to: CGCW, 2691 Doidge Ave., Pinole, CA 94564
If you have questions, please call (510) 417-2833 or email [email protected].