Temecula Valley Southern California Wine Country rolls out new events and ongoing programming throughout September in celebration of California Wine Month
Temecula, CA, August 5, 2016 – Visit Temecula Valley (VTV), in coordination with the Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association (TVWA), today announce the first annual People’s Choice Blind Tasting and Awards, taking place on Thursday, September 29, 2016, at Galway Downs. The landmark event is part of the region’s ongoing celebration of California Wine Month throughout September 2016.
The day-long People’s Choice event will kick off with a mid-morning walk-around blind tasting of the white and red wines Temecula Valley wineries believe to be their “best” bottles. Participants will be asked to submit ratings of each wine, which will be tallied and used exclusively to determine the region’s top three favorite reds and whites. Results of the blind tasting will be announced at a wine dinner and awards celebration the same evening, recognizing the winning wines and featuring a five-course tasting menu with local wine pairings.
Tickets to the event are available in three tiers:
- The Estate Pass ($40) includes entry to the blind tasting and a commemorative tasting glass.
- The Reserve Pass ($125) includes the Estate Pass plus admission to the dinner and awards celebration.
- The Grand Reserve Pass ($195) includes the Reserve Pass plus entrance to a pre-dinner VIP winemaker reception, hosted by Temecula Valley vintners, featuring local wines and passed hors d’oeuvres, as well as a SIP Temecula Passport, which is good for tasting flights at five different wineries, Monday-Friday, including the day of the People’s Choice.
“As a region undergoing remarkable change, we want to create an event that invites consumers to not only enjoy our wines, but be part of the story we are telling here,” said Devin Parr, Wine Country Marketing Director for Temecula Valley Southern California Wine Country. “By asking visitors and locals, ‘what do you like best?’ we are hoping to both learn something about them, and draw from that information as we continue to produce quality wines here in Temecula Valley.”
The People’s Choice event is part of Temecula Valley’s celebration of California Wine Month, Visit California’s promotion of the wines produced throughout the state. Additional activities and programs throughout September include:
- CRUSH – A wine and culinary showcase featuring 100+ wines poured by more than 30 Temecula Valley wineries, as well as gourmet bites from local restaurants and caterers. Saturday, September 17 at Wiens Family Cellars
- “Crush on Temecula Wines” – A restaurant month for wine, in which local restaurants will be featuring special tasting flights of Temecula Valley wines. September 1-30 at participating restaurants
- SIP Temecula Wine Tasting Passport – The Wine Month edition, offered throughout September, includes five visits to participating wineries, Monday through Friday, as well as a special Wine Month commemorative glass. Ongoing at participating wineries
“Temecula Valley is ready to show the wine community that we’re not just making good wine here in Temecula; we’re making great wine,” said Phil Baily, owner and winemaker at Baily Vineyard and Winery, and TVWA enology chair. “The People’s Choice Awards, CRUSH, and all of our Wine Month programs will underscore this message to new and seasoned wine enthusiasts, and inspire those ‘aha’ moments in wine lovers of all types.”
For more information about Temecula Valley Wine Month, visit www.winemonth.org.
ABOUT THE TEMECULA VALLEY AND VISIT TEMECULA VALLEY
With natural gifts of climate and geography, Temecula Valley is widely recognized for its scenic vineyards, award-winning wines, and friendly wineries as Temecula Valley Southern California Wine Country. The destination includes the Temecula Valley A.V.A. (American Viticulture Area) as well as Downtown, Old Town Temecula, and Pechanga Resort & Casino.
Visit Temecula Valley is online at VisitTemeculaValley.com; “Temecula Valley Southern California Wine Country” on Facebook and @Visit_Temecula on Twitter. The Temecula Valley Visitors Center is located in Old Town Temecula on Mercedes Street adjacent the Old Town Parking Garage. For visitor assistance, call 888/363-2852 or 951/491-6085.
ABOUT THE TEMECULA VALLEY WINEGROWERS ASSOCIATION
Temecula Valley is the largest and most commercially successful winegrowing region in the South Coast AVA, the viticultural zone spanning more than 2 million acres from Riverside County to the San Diego border. The Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association has long served as a steward of the Southern California wine community. Comprising 35 wineries and more than 60 winegrowers, the Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association is a nonprofit regional organization dedicated to increasing awareness of the quality wines and wine grapes grown in the Temecula Valley and South Coast Appellations. Established in 1984, the Temecula AVA consists of 33,000 acres, of which approximately 1,300 acres are currently planted to commercial vineyards. Known as Southern California’s wine country, the Temecula Valley is located in Riverside County just one hour from San Diego, Orange County and Palm Springs and 90 minutes from Los Angeles.