WIN Sponsors Award to Honor Innovation Suppliers
Sept. 16, 2014, Healdsburg, CA – The Wine Industry Network (WIN) today announced that nominations for this year’s WINnovation awards are now open. The program is part of the North Bay Business Journal’s (NBBJ) 2nd Annual Wine Industry Awards that will be presented at a special wine industry reception in December.
Wine Industry Network developed the WINnovation awards as a way to recognize innovation in the following categories: Vineyard / Growers, Wine Production, Sales / Marketing and Winery Operations. The awards honor companies that contribute to the advancement of the North American wine industry. The event will kick-off a week-long industry celebration that culminates with the 3rd Annual North Coast Wine Industry Expo, held at the Santa Rosa Fairgrounds on Dec 4th, 2014.
“Here at WIN, we have the privilege of seeing the newest products and services on a regular basis, and I’m continually impressed by the level of innovation,” said George Christie, Wine Industry Network President “In many cases, industry suppliers are the change agents that help winery and vineyard operations impact quality or improve efficiencies. The WINnovation awards are a way for us to acknowledge the efforts of these suppliers and their contribution to the wine industry.”
Winners of this year’s WINnovation awards will be featured in a special Business Journal report and awards will be presented at their award reception in December. To submit a nomination, go to http://www.northbaybusinessjournal.com/98744/2014-wine-industry-awards-nominations/. Nominations are open until October 17th.
Nominations are open until October 17th.
2013 WINnovation Award Winners
- Amcor Flexibles Capsules: New controlled oxygen-transfer-rate liners for Stelvin aluminum screw caps.
- Cascade Corporation: Cave- and narrow-aisle-friendly wine barrel attachment for lift trucks.
- CI Solutions: Designed custom gift and membership cards for the wine industry to better reward loyal customers.
- Cornish & Carey Commercial Newmark Knight Frank: The commercial real estate brokerage formed a Wine Services Group in 2011 and offers services such as site selection, strategic planning, financial analysis, lease negotiations, valuations, storage analysis, succession planning, production analysis, energy and utility audits, location optimization studies.
- Enartis Vinquiry: Three decades of wine lab analysis, the latest being proposed alternatives to allergenic wine fining agents.
- Loos Family Winery: Technological advancements to boutique wine production, including “methods and apparatus for cap management and mitigation of selected undesirable matter during fermentation.”
- Maverick Enterprises: New tools for marketing on bottle capsules.
- On-Target Spray Systems: Patented vineyard-management spray nozzle that uses static charge to accurately spray.
- Shur Farms Frost Protection: Led analysis of how frost forms in a vineyard and developed the Cold Air Drain device to help control frosty air.
- VinoPro: Developed high-tech solutions for direct-to-consumer marketing and sales. As a sales agent and marketing partner for large and prominent wine companies, the company now sells $12 million in wine a year.