Proceeds Have Supported More Than 400 Local Nonprofits to Date
SANTA ROSA, CA (August 17, 2022) – Sonoma County Vintners Foundation (SCVF) is pleased to release a preview of the extraordinary live auction lots for the upcoming Sonoma County Wine Auction (SCWA), September 15-17, 2022. Collectors and wine enthusiasts from around the country will travel to Sonoma County to bid on rare, sought-after wine collections and exceptional private experiences and excursions, with proceeds benefiting local nonprofits. Presented by Vintec, SCWA will take place at the beautiful Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards & Winery. Tickets to the three days of festivities are available at sonomacountywineauction.com.
The 2022 SCWA events will kick off Thursday evening, September 15, with a series of intimate dining experiences hosted by renowned chefs and winemakers exclusively for SCWA guests. The beautiful and historic Buena Vista Winery will host the Best. Party. Ever. on Friday, September 16, with a fabulous evening of exceptional wine, food and celebration set to a Roaring ‘20s theme. The live auction will take place on Saturday, September 17, at Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards & Winery where guests will raise their paddles to make a difference in Sonoma County. The live auction lot collection can be explored in advance at SonomaCountyWineAuction.com.
A critical fundraising lot is the 2022 Fund-A-Need Paddle Raise. Each year, this powerful collective giving opportunity raises funds for children’s education and literacy while also addressing new educational challenges the county faces.
“The Fund-A-Need Paddle Raise and our Community Grants are so important,” said Mark Malpiede, Sonoma County Vintners Foundation President. “If we fund resources to help students get further ahead in education, whether it’s learning to read or bridging the digital divide or supporting mental health, students actually stay in school longer. Crime rates are lower. There are so many things this affects beyond the ability to read. These resources give children hope and encouragement and that leads to their success, and ultimately the betterment of all of Sonoma County.”
In addition, Community Grants and additional SCVF programs and services are also funded by proceeds from the Sonoma County Wine Auction. These critical areas focus on education & literacy, health & human services, the environment, arts & culture and emergency response.
“Earle Baum Center is deeply grateful for the support of Sonoma County Vintners,” said Bob Sonnenberg, CEO of Earle Baum Center (EBC). “Our nonprofit for people with sight loss provided 3,475 hours of service to 398 individuals in the past fiscal year. With the support of Sonoma County Vintners Foundation, we will be able to continue our mission and expand our impact to help transform the lives of people with sight loss.”
A selection of live auction lots ranging from curated wine collections and once-in-a-lifetime trips to all-inclusive wine and culinary experiences include:
- Tour de France – Paris and Burgundy
- Pack your bags for this once-in-a-lifetime Tour de France for two couples as you visit Paris and Burgundy with personalized insider experiences, luxurious accommodations, Michelin-starred dining, winery tours and tastings, and world-class entertainment hosted by SCWA Vintner Honoree Jean-Charles Boisset and the Boisset Family.
- Cellar Gems from CIRQ and CHEV
- Instantly upgrade your cellar and be ready for any entertaining occasion with this stunning collection of Pinot Noirs from a variety of special vintages and in crowd-pleasing formats as well as priority access to the multi-year waiting list for both wineries.
- F1 in Austin and Sonoma Epicurean
- Take your place at Formula 1 in Austin, Texas in October 2023 as a V Foundation VIP with exclusive race passes, event tickets and experiences hosted by Williams Selyem Winery. Come back to Sonoma County in March 2023 for Sonoma Epicurean with curated adventures in food, wine and wellness and a three-night stay at the ultra-chic Montage Healdsburg.
- The Ultimate African Wildlife, Wine and Food Safari
- Experience the very best of South Africa and Botswana’s diverse offerings in Travel Sommelier style! You and a guest will explore iconic Cape Town, scenic Cape Winelands, and safari in the Okavango Delta with access to the area’s finest wines, cutting-edge gastronomy and epic views.
- Private Kauai Estate Getaway
- SCWA Honorary Chairs The Foley Family have offered their beautiful Kauai estate to eight guests, complete with round-trip airfare, and dinners created each night by a private chef to pair with wines from Sonoma County’s Ferrari-Carano, Chalk Hill Estate, Banshee, Lancaster Estate, Roth Estate and Sebastiani Vineyards.
- Retreat and Dine in Style, from Los Cabos to Healdsburg
- SCWA Chef Honoree Dustin Valette will host intimate dinners for your party of four at Maravilla, a private luxury residence, during your stay at Montage Los Cabos. Specially curated Valette Wines will crown this exquisite dinner, with even more deliciousness waiting for you back in Sonoma County when you choose to dine at either Valette Healdsburg or The Matheson.
- KY Bourbon Trail and Private Barrel Selection
- This VIP visit to Kentucky for two couples includes a three-day Bourbon Trail experience, four-night stay in historic Louisville, tours and/or tastings at Brown-Forman Cooperage, Old Forester Distillery and Woodford Reserve, lunches and dinners hosted at iconic Bourbon Trail restaurants, tickets to a Churchill Downs horse race, and 180 bottles of Private Barrel Selection Woodford Reserve bourbon.
- Sonoma County G.O.A.T. Collection – 300 Bottles!
- House your “Greatest of All Time” instant cellar in a premium wine cabinet from SCWA Presenting Partner Vintec. You’ll have a hard time deciding which wines to enjoy first from Sonoma County’s iconic producers such as: Aperture Cellars, Bob Cabral Wines, Gary Farrell Winery, Hamel Family Wines, Iron Horse Vineyards, Jordan Vineyard & Winery, Kosta Browne, Peay Vineyards, Ridge Vineyards, Rochioli Winery, Silver Oak and Three Sticks Wines.
Several buy-in lots will allow multiple bidders to win seats at exclusive experiences such as Sonoma County Dream Team Food and Wine Extravaganza, Williams Selyem Past and Present, and DK Wine Group World Premiere.
If you are unable to attend in person this year, proxy bidding will be available for SCWA Live Auction Lots. Contact [email protected] or 707.522.5829 for details. The full auction catalog is available at SonomaCountyWineAuction.com.
In addition, the SCWA Online Auction will be open from September 14-20, 2022 for anyone to bid and make a difference from anywhere in the world. Online lots will be available for viewing and registration for bidding the week prior; stay tuned by following Sonoma County Vintners or #SWCA on Facebook or Instagram for access to lots offered exclusively online.
If you would like to make a donation directly to Sonoma County Vintners Foundation, please visit the giving page at donorbox.org/sonoma-county-
To learn more about the Sonoma County Wine Auction and organizations supported through fundraising efforts, please visit sonomacountywineauction.com.
About Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards & Winery
Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards & Winery located in the Russian River Valley AVA in Sonoma County, California, is one of California’s premier producers of luxury wines. Founded in 1972 by Fred Furth, Chalk Hill was acquired by Foley Family Wines in 2010. Under Bill Foley’s leadership, Chalk Hill continues to promote the Chalk Hill AVA as one of the top winegrowing regions in California. The unique topography, climatic and geological diversity of Chalk Hill creates an environment that allows for a wide range of varieties to be grown on the estate including Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Petit Verdot, Carmenère, Syrah and Semillon. The 1,300 acre iconic Sonoma estate includes around 300 acres of vineyards, a winery, a hospitality center, organic culinary gardens, equestrian pavilion, ponds and a wilderness area. For more information and to register for the experiences, visit chalkhill.com/Visit/Visit-
About Buena Vista Winery
Buena Vista Winery is California’s first premium winery; it was founded in 1857 by Hungarian immigrant Agoston Haraszthy, the self-proclaimed “Count of Buena Vista.” Possessing a deep regard for the significance of Buena Vista’s place in California wine history, Jean-Charles Boisset purchased Buena Vista in April 2011 and added the winery to the Boisset Collection. Today, Boisset has returned Buena Vista Winery to its original glory with the complete restoration and re-opening of the historic property. Buena Vista Winery is located at 18000 Old Winery Road, Sonoma, CA. For more information, please visit buenavistawinery.com.
Vintec is a global, leading specialist in premium climate-controlled wine storage solutions. We are a diverse team of wine lovers, just like our customers. Born from a passion for wine, our solutions are designed to recreate the perfect storage conditions found in the best natural underground cellars – to meet the exacting standards of wine professionals and needs of discerning wine lovers. We offer a holistic experience to wine lovers that goes beyond the products, encompassing education, unique benefits and events via the Vintec Club, our private club for owners of Vintec cellars. Since 2016, Vintec is part of Electrolux, the world-leading Swedish Home Appliances company, as the Wine Specialist brand. Learn more at vintec.com.
About Sonoma County Wine Auction
Sonoma County Wine Auction brings the region’s renowned winemakers and growers together with distinguished collectors and generous bidders for an opportunity to acquire some of Sonoma County’s top wines and bid on once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences. Named one of the nation’s top charitable auctions by Wine Spectator, the proceeds raised benefit local Sonoma County charitable organizations. Since its inception, Sonoma County Wine Auction has raised millions of dollars to help fund charitable organizations focusing on education & literacy, health & human services, the environment and arts & culture, and has supported more nonprofits than any other fundraising event in Sonoma County. Learn more at sonomacountywineauction.com.
About Sonoma County Vintners Foundation
Sonoma County Vintners Foundation provides support to the local community through philanthropy and charitable giving. Sonoma County Vintners Foundation (SCVF) is an accredited 501c(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1988. Its purpose is to consistently support local nonprofit organizations that address issues within the Sonoma County community. SCVF cultivates a vibrant and diverse Sonoma County by elevating lives through charitable events and philanthropic giving. Fundraising efforts have a direct impact in the areas of education & literacy, health & human services, the environment and arts & culture. With SCVF’s many initiatives including the Emergency Relief Fund, the organization is able to impact all needs, ranging from the immediate to the long term. Learn more at sonomawine.com/foundation.
Follow Us on Social Media