7 February 2022 – From 14 to 16 February 2022 at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, Wine Paris & Vinexpo Paris will gather 2,800 exhibitors, 20,000 visitors from across the globe and an extensive programme of conferences and masterclasses. Highly awaited by the international wine and spirits industry in its in-person format, the exhibition will offer professionals a comprehensive programme with over 100 events embracing multiple themes and formats.
A Vibrant, All-Inclusive on! Programme for Discovering, Understanding and Deciphering the World of Wines and Spirits
Wine Paris & Vinexpo Paris is rolling out an impressive line-up of ON! events focusing on the issues and challenges facing the industry in terms of innovation, distribution, consumer trends and international development, alongside the customary tastings, including verticals.
WineTech Perspectives, the new area created in conjunction with La Wine Tech and Vinocamp, will host a series of impactful presentations in a range of dynamic and participatory formats.
- Innovation within the wine & spirits industry will be the topic of a raft of conferences and panel discussions featuring experts from the fields of technology, trend research and analysis, digital communications and e-commerce. Vin & Société will present its first indicator of digital technology usages in the wine industry; companies providing sustainable and responsible solutions will share their knowledge of technology to foster a positive approach to wine; sommeliers, wine merchants and influencers will trade ideas and information about the new cues and practices defining the boundaries of the industry.
ON! also features a programme of high level masterclasses, so that attendees can get a taste of the quintessential characters of regions, appellations, products, brands and estates.
- French and international wines will be honoured in a series of masterclasses focusing on appellations such as Alsace, Champagne and Languedoc; grape varieties including Melon de Bourgogne or Chile’s iconic Carménère; regions such as Centre-Loire and Italy’s Friuli; icons like Château d’Yquem; or international wines such as Austrian offerings, Prosecco and Australian wines, featuring both the great classics and some new styles of wine.
- The Vinexpo Challenge, Vinexposium’s historical tasting, will propose a blind tasting of 10 outstanding wines, hosted by Marc Almert, 2019 World’s Best Sommelier.
Market-focused conferences will offer insight into changes facing the industry:
- The IWSR will provide the keys to “Understanding wine trends and the drivers of future consumption”;
- A conference co-hosted by Jancis Robinson MW will ask: “Is it the end for glass wine bottles?”;
- Covid-induced changes to distribution channels will be the topic of a debate by the Independent Wine Merchant Federation & the Professional Wine Merchant’s Organisation.
The hospitality industry will be the subject of conferences hosted by France Boissons, providing an opportunity to assess the consequences of COVID. The industry will also be spotlighted during the Chef & Sommelier duos organised in conjunction with the International Sommelier Association (ASI):
- Xavier Thuizat, Head Sommelier at the Hôtel Crillon and Boris Campanella, Director of Gourmet Food – Executive Chef at the Hôtel Crillon (L’Ecrin gourmet restaurant);
- Florent Martin, 2020 France’s Best Sommelier, Head Sommelier at The Peninsula Paris Hotel and David Bizet, Executive Chef at The Peninsula Paris Hotel (L’Oiseau Bleu gourmet restaurant)
- Stéphanie Le Quellec, Chef at the La Scène** restaurant and Mathias Meynard, Head Sommelier at the La Scène** restaurant, Paris
The Wine Talks, a lively, inviting panel discussion format, will pave the way for ground-breaking presentations delivered by passionate and exciting personalities on core issues faced by the industry:
- Tomorrow’s issues and major social trends applied to wines and spirits will be deciphered by So Wine. The industry insight and trend analysis specialist will also share some good practice for navigating social media whilst complying with French advertising laws, the Loi Evin
- A raft of prospective discussions on the future and issues facing French wines internationally will address the continual supply chain crisis, taxes on wine in the United Kingdom, wine in the face of climate change and the future of winegrowing worldwide.
The inspiring and dynamic spirits industry will also be a focus of discussion, with events including:
- The IWSR conference on developments in the spirits market; a Saint James x Velier vertical tasting organised by Saint-James rums; masterclasses on the diversity afforded by an outstanding terroir bottled by the Québec craft distillers, hosted by the Quebec craft distillers’ organisation, and on Armagnac at its peak, curated by the national Armagnac marketing organisation (BNIA).
Access full details of the On! schedule of events
For more information, visit wineparis-vinexpo.com
About WINE PARIS & VINEXPO PARIS
Wine Paris & Vinexpo Paris is the annual event for wine and spirits professionals from around the world. Hosted in February at a key time of the year, it aims to offer a cohesive focal point for industry players centring on a comprehensive, relevant and inclusive range of products that showcases not only French wine regions, but increasingly vineyard sites across the globe.
Vinexposium is the world’s leading organizer of wine and spirits trade events with a portfolio of iconic and recognized events and digital solutions available 365 days a year on Vinexposium Connect.