Thanksgiving, Christmas, and January Menus Showcase Trefethen’s World-Class Wines, Culinary Heritage, and Winery Chef Chris Kennedy’s Creativity
(Napa, Calif.)— November 9, 2021— Just in time to plan winter excursions to the Napa Valley and kick off the holiday season, Trefethen Family Vineyards launches three new private holiday-focused Taste the Estate experiences for November, December, and January. Winery Chef Chris Kennedy shows off his creativity and culinary acumen with menus to both celebrate the holidays and inspire home cooks.
Holiday Taste the Estate menus will be offered daily at 11am and 3pm throughout the months of November, December, and January. Taste the Estate is Trefethen’s quintessential wine and culinary experience, highlighting the fantastic synergy of great wine and great food, at a price of $100 per person. Guests will enjoy five of Trefethen’s finest wines paired with sublime holiday-inspired bites crafted by Chef Kennedy and will walk away with a heightened appreciation of the interplay of the flavors and textures of wine and food.
These experiences are offered both indoors and outdoors, weather-permitting, at the Villa, a former Trefethen family home. All tastings and experiences can be booked by appointment at trefethen.com, calling the winery at 707.255.7700, or by emailing [email protected].
Sample menus follow, but may change based on what is in peak season from Trefethen’s garden, La Huerta.
NOVEMBER: A SEASON OF THANKS
Share your gratitude this November, and gather your friends, family and loved ones to sample this seasonal menu with share plates (per couple)
- 2020 Dry Riesling, Green Papaya and Persimmon with Lime and Salted Almond
- 2019 Katie’s Acre Chardonnay, Seared Pacific Scallop with Red Kuri Squash Purée, Tart Apple, and Pumpkin Seed Granola
- 2019 Cabernet Franc, Roasted Delicata Squash with Chicories, Crispy Pancetta, Burrata, and Toasted Pecan
- 2018 Dragon’s Tooth, Duck Confit and Potato Croquette with Garden Herbs
- 2017 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Sous Vide Beef Short Rib with Spooner Rice Congee and Wild Arugula
DECEMBER: COMFORT + JOY
Celebrate the holidays with comfort food and wine pairings selected to inspire joy
- 2020 Dry Riesling, Fried Chicken with Ginger and Cilantro
- 2019 Katie’s Acre Chardonnay, Royal Caviar with Tarragon Crème Fraîche and Buttery Brioche
- 2019 Cabernet Franc, Smoked Ham Hock Braised Collard Greens
- 2018 Dragon’s Tooth, Macaroni and Four Cheeses
- 2017 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Slow Roasted Prime Rib with Wild Arugula and Black Pepper Horseradish
JANUARY: NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS
New Year’s resolutions can begin with a visit to Trefethen to enjoy Chef Kennedy’s plant-forward menu, and make your own (wine) resolutions to try new wine varieties, aged wines, and experience large format bottlings.
- 2020 Dry Riesling, Avocado + Toasted Brioche + Sunflower
- 2020 Sauvignon Blanc, Persimmon Goma ae with Toasted Sesame
- 2018 Malbec, Roasted Mushrooms and Fennel with Brown Rice Congee
- 2017 Dragon’s Tooth out of magnum, Broccoli Rabe with Toasted Garlic and Dried Chiles
- 2018 O.K.D. Four, Charred Beets with Wild Arugula
ABOUT TREFETHEN FAMILY VINEYARDS
One of Napa Valley’s pioneering wineries, Trefethen Family Vineyards crafts distinguished estate grown wines that express the unique spirit of their land, vines, and people. The dedication of the Trefethen family is manifest in every aspect of the operation, from the soil to the table, including sustainable farming, thoughtful winemaking and gracious hospitality. For more information, please contact the winery at 707.255.7700 or visit trefethen.com.