Napa’s Newest Winery and Acclaimed Cabernet Producer to Host Culinary Experiences with Local Superstar Chefs Michael Chiarello, Philip Tessier and Dustin Valette
NAPA, Calif. (June 15, 2021) – BRION, the flagship Napa Valley winery from Brion Wise, is pleased to announce its 2021 Summer Dinner Series. Overlooking the picturesque Vaca Mountains coupled with a stunning view of the Sleeping Lady Vineyard, the estate winery will host a collection of highly personal, wine-inspired culinary experiences one could only encounter in Napa Valley. The winery will open its kitchen to celebrated local chefs, including Philip Tessier of PRESS Napa Valley, Dustin Valette of Valette Healdsburg, and Michael Chiarello of Bottega and Coqueta.
“I’ve always believed that wine is best enjoyed in good company and with good food. That is why we created this Summer Dinner Series,” said Wise (who distinguishes his first name from his winery’s, which is spelled in upper case letters). “My wife Ronda and I are excited to have the opportunity to sit with guests and enjoy a bottle together paired with great cuisine. These dinners are designed to enhance attendees’ love for terroir-driven wines. It is important to us that we create a true sense of spirit and place at BRION and we are starting with this dinner series and these incredible chefs.”
Each of the award-winning chefs will craft a unique menu that complements a selection of BRION’s sought-after, single vineyard wines. Hosted by Brion and Ronda Wise, BRION’s three well-established winemakers will guide guests through an enthralling culinary journey as they explore the sublime synergy of food and wine pairings. The Summer Dinner Series was created to give attendees the rare opportunity to share in the art of exceptional food and wine pairings, enabling guests to experience firsthand the collective vision of winemaker and chef in an intimate dinner party setting.
2021 Summer Dinner Series Lineup:
- Saturday, July 17, 2021 with Chef Philip Tessier and winemaker Mark Herold
- Hosted by Vintners Brion and Ronda Wise along with winemaker Mark Herold, the multi-course dinner will be prepared and presented by Chef Philip Tessier, executive chef of PRESS Napa Valley. Chef Tessier is a former chef at The French Laundry and the first American to ever place on the podium at the Biennial World Chef Championship, Bocuse D’Or and most recently coached the U.S. Team to victory in 2017. Chef Tessier’s seasonal dishes will be perfectly paired with the deep and complex BRION wines made by Mark Herold from the Caldwell Vineyard and Oakville Ranch Vineyards.
- Saturday, August 14, 2021 with Chef Dustin Valette and winemaker Massimo Monticelli
- Hosted by Vintner Brion Wise with winemaker Massimo Monticelli, the multi-course dinner will be prepared by Chef Dustin Valette, owner of his eponymous Valette Healdsburg. Valette Healdsburg has become one of Sonoma County’s most revered restaurants as featured in the Michelin Guide’s, The Michelin Plate. Chef Valette’s signature dishes are exclusively sourced from local Sonoma County farms and makes this a Sonoma themed dinner with BRION’s spectacular Moon Mountain wines.
- Saturday, September 18, 2021 with Chef Michael Chiarello and winemaker Julien Fayard
- Hosted by Vintners Brion and Ronda Wise along with winemaker Julien Fayard, the multi-course dinner will be prepared and presented by Chef Michael Chiarello, executive chef and owner of Coqueta as well as Bottega Napa Valley. Chef Chiarello is one of America’s most noteworthy chefs with appearances on The Next Iron Chef, Top Chef Masters, among others. Chef Chiarello’s menu will be inspired by one of Napa Valley’s most famous Italian restaurants, Bottega Napa Valley, with meticulously sourced seasonal ingredients that pair with the elegant BRION wines crafted by Julien Fayard from the Sleeping Lady Vineyard.
The Summer Dinner Series tickets are now available. To maintain the intimate nature of the dinners, seating is very limited. Tickets must be purchased in advance by calling Michael Green, Director of Private Clients at 707.339.7686 or emailing [email protected].
BRION, located on Sleeping Lady Vineyard just south of downtown Yountville, sits at the base of Mount Veeder in a region that is synonymous with the finest Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. The extraordinary 46-acre property encompasses a restored ‘bank’ barn, one of two in California dating back to 1876. The 8,400 square-foot gravity flow winery is dedicated solely to the vinification of BRION wines. The winery was built to ensure that every step of the winemaking process measures up to BRION’s exacting standards and to afford its team of winemakers every resource needed to make the best possible wines from these vineyards. The BRION wines are currently made available via allocation twice yearly. BRION can be reached by calling 707.339.7686 or visiting www.brionwines.com.