Napa Valley Vintner Community Offers Holiday Gifts to Raise Money and Awareness for a Victory Over Cancer
December 08, 2020, Napa, CA – Hope for the Holidays, a one-hour “Behind the V” Holiday Special produced by the V Foundation Wine Celebration, showcases the resiliency and strength of the Napa Valley vintner community in a showing of hope and holiday tradition. The Napa Valley vintner community is an integral part of the V Wine Celebration, championing the organization’s vision for a Victory Over Cancer®.
Hosted by Behind the V moderator AJ Harris, Tony and Grammy Award-winning performer Christian Hoff, and talented Broadway singer and performer Melissa Hoff, the Hope for the Holidays special features appearances by Tony Award winner and Hamilton musical star Leslie Odom, Jr., multi-platinum artist Andy Grammer, and the music of two of Napa Valley’s own – vintner Jeff Gargiulo, and High Noon featuring vintner Ian Devereux White of Smith Devereux Wines. Holiday traditions, insider tours and recipes from some of the Napa Valley’s most renowned vintners complete the broadcast, culminating with a festive sing along!
Also on Behind the V, join a live culinary adventure with Chef Charlie Palmer and Winemaker Clay Mauritson on Thursday, December 17th at 4:00pm PT. For more information, visit www.winecelebration.org/
Finally, each year the V Wine Celebration acknowledges the efforts and support of a participating vintner by awarding a Vintner’s Grant in their honor. For the last twenty years, through the Vintner’s Grant Program, the honorees have been able to designate numerous areas of focus for cancer research in their names.
To support the V Foundation’s efforts, Hope for the Holidays features custom-curated gift packages from some of these Vintner’s Grant Program honorees with a portion of the proceeds to support the V Foundation’s Victory Over Cancer® efforts for the entire month of December. Participating vintners and offers include:
- Ackerman Family Vineyards (2018 Vintner Grant Honoree- Lauren Ackerman / Breast Cancer) is donating 20% from the sale of the V Foundation Gift Set;
- Alpha Omega Winery (2011 Vintner Grant Honorees – Robin & Michelle Baggett / Stomach Cancer) is donating 25% from the sale of the V Foundation Curated Gift Sets;
- Chappellet Winery (2010 Vintner Grant Honorees – Cyril & Blakesley Chappellet /Melanoma) is donating 50% from the sale of the V Foundation Holiday Special Offer;
- Frank Family Vineyards(2021 Vintner Grant Honorees – Rich & Leslie Frank) is donating 25% from the sale of the V Foundation Holiday Collection.;
- Gargiulo Vineyards (2013 Vintner Grant Honoree- Jeff Gargiulo / Prostate Cancer) is donating 20% from the sale of its G Major 7 Study Cabernet;
- JCB Collection (2018 Vintner Grant Honoree- Gina Gallo / Breast Cancer) is donating 10% and offering a 15% discount from the sale of its Passion Springs Eternal Gift Pack;
- John Anthony Vineyards (2020 Vintner Grant Honorees – John & Michele Truchard / Colon Cancer) is donating 100% from the sale of the V Foundation 3-Pack;
- Miner Family Winery (2009 Vintner Grant Honoree – Emily Miner / Lung Cancer) is donating a portion of proceeds from the sale of its 2017 Emily’s Cabernet Sauvignon;
- Pride Mountain Vineyards (2012 & 2018 Vintner Grant Honoree – Suzanne Pride Bryan / Breast Cancer) is donating 20% from the sale of the V Foundation Hope Trio;
- Smith Devereux Wines is donating 10% from the sale of all its 2020 Holiday Gift Sets;
- Sophienwald luxury glassware is donating 20% off sales plus offering a buy 6 and get 2 free stemware bonus.
To watch the Hope for the Holidays special, and to take advantage of all of the special offers throughout the month of December, please visit the Hope for the Holidays webpage at www.winecelebration.org/
The V Foundation Wine Celebration has raised more than $118 million for cancer research over the last 21 years. The V Foundation for Cancer Research has funded more than $250 million in cancer research grants nationwide.
For more information on the V Foundation Wine Celebration, or to make a direct donation, please visit www.winecelebration.org.
About the V Foundation for Cancer Research
The V Foundation for Cancer Research was founded in 1993 by ESPN and the late Jim Valvano, legendary North Carolina State University basketball coach and ESPN commentator. The Foundation has funded more than $250 million in cancer research grants nationwide. Event proceeds benefit cancer research funded by the V Foundation. The Foundation awards peer-reviewed grants through a competitive award process strictly supervised by a Scientific Advisory Committee. For more information on the V Foundation or to make a donation, please visit v.org.