- This event has passed.
Webinar: California Winegrowers Cultivate Healthy Soils
December 3, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am PST
In celebration of Healthy Soils Week (November 30-December 5, 2020), join the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance, Wine Institute, and the California Association of Winegrape Growers for a special no-cost virtual event:
• Allison Jordan, Executive Director, California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance
• Honore Comfort, Vice President of International Marketing, Wine Institute
• Dr. Kerri Steenwerth, Research Soil Scientist, USDA Agriculture Research Service
• Julien Gervreau, Vice President of Sustainability, Jackson Family Wines
• Aaron Lange, Vineyard Manager, LangeTwins Family Winery & Vineyards
• Steve Matthiasson, Winemaker, Matthiasson Wines
The California wine industry is a global leader in environmentally and socially responsible winegrowing, and healthy soil is quite literally the foundation of sustainable viticulture. Learn about the latest soil research and hear firsthand how the state’s winegrowers are implementing practices that improve vine health, increase water infiltration and retention, sequester carbon and reduce greenhouse gases, improve water and air quality and improve biological diversity of wildlife habitat.