- This event has passed.
Understanding Wine Phenolic Structure and Color Stability
August 4 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm PDT
Phenolic compounds are an essential parameter in the management of wine quality; they are responsible for color, mouthfeel, texture, stability, longevity and aroma. Phenolic compounds are naturally present in various forms depending upon grape varieties, maturation conditions, the winemaking process, and wine ageing conditions.
This webinar will focus on red wine phenolic structure and color stability. Together we will discuss winemaking tools and practices to protect your own phenolic compounds and improve wine structure and color stability.
- Chemistry of color stability
- Why use sacrificial tannins?
- How to optimize phenolic extraction in the winemaking process
- Proactive color stabilization
- Improve wine ageing potential
- 10 mins Q&A