Free Webinar for Beverage Industry Professionals via Zoom on June 30 at 9:00 a.m. PDT
What: SommCon®, a leading conference for the wine, beer, and spirits industry, hosts Managing Career Uncertainty Webinar Part 2: Preparing to Transition from the Restaurant Floor: Entrepreneur Side Opportunities. The webinar is to be held via Zoom on Tuesday June 30, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PDT.
COVID-19 has created a great deal of uncertainty in the sommelier community. Many things remain unclear such as if wine programs will be the same or if restaurants will have servers and sommeliers both working on the floor. During part two of the Managing Career Uncertainty webinar series, participants learn career-planning strategies that are useful for anyone in the wine business.
The webinar is free to members of the trade with the option to make a payment in support of The Somm Relief Project, an initiative that provides grants and funding to individual members of the trade impacted by COVID-19 and non-profit organizations in the wine and spirits industry that are financially supporting personally affected individuals.
The Somm Relief Fund is supported by:
- The SOMM Journal
- The Tasting Panel Magazine
- Lede Family Wines
- Banfi Vinters Foundation
- Boisset Collection
Speakers for the webinar include:
- Christopher Pappe | CRP Trade Solutions; Former National Sales Manager, Dutton Goldfield Winery; Former Director of Restaurants, Four Seasons
- Stephen Clapp | Consultant, Vinosmith and Wine.com; Former Food and Beverage Director, Bohemian Club
- Jennifer Estevez | Founder and President, OMVino; Advanced Sommelier Formerly at ress Club, RN74, Epic Steak, Michael Mina, Keiko à Nob Hill and Hashiri
- Andre Hueston Mack | Owner, Maison Noir Wines, Sons Ham Bar, VYNEYARD; Former Sommelier, Per Se
- Richard Phoenix | Wine Sales And Marketing Specialist; Owner, Phamily Wine; Former Wine Director, Tra Vigne
- Eugenio Jardim | Independent Educator and Sommelier Partner, Esprit de Champagne; Ambassador, Ernst Vineyards; Ambassador, Wines of Portugal; Former Wine Director, Jardinere
- Jon McDaniel | Founder, Second City Soil; Former Beverage Director, Gage Hospitality
- Cameron Hughes | Owner, Classified Cellars; Former Beverage Director and Sommelier, Cut by Wolfgang Puck, Beverly Hills
- Geoff Labitzke MW, Director of Sales, Kistler Vineyards; Former Director of Fine Wine, Young’s Market Company; Former Imports Manager, Wine Warehouse
When and Where: June 30, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PDT via Zoom.
Sign Up: Visit HERE to register. The webinar will also be available for download on the SommConfidential Blog, located on the SommCon® website, for those unable to attend live.