Free Webinar for Beverage Industry Professionals via Zoom on June 18 at 9:00 a.m. PDT
What: SommCon, a leading conference for the wine, beer, and spirits industry, hosts Icons of California presented by The Tasting Panel Magazine and The SOMM Journal. The webinar is to be held via Zoom on Thursday June 18, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PDT.
The number and significance of American Viticulture Areas in The Golden State continues to grow as producers focus more and more on their terroirs and expression of place. The 90-minute webinar helps participants understand the unique character of various California AVAs. Attendees of Icons of California hear from winemakers and principals who take great pride in bringing regional identity to the discovery of California wine. Panelists show the factors that not only make their regions and AVAs special places, but what distinguishes the various parts of California from each other.
The webinar is free to members of the trade with the option to make a payment in support of The Somm Relief Project, an initiative that provides grants and funding to individual members of the trade impacted by COVID-19 and non-profit organizations in the wine and spirits industry that are financially supporting personally affected individuals.
The Somm Relief Fund is supported by:
- The SOMM Journal
- The Tasting Panel Magazine
- Lede Family Wines
- Banfi Vinters Foundation
- Boisset Collection
Panelists for the webinar include:
- Russ Weis, President, Silverado
- Eric Entrikin, Spirits Brand Ambassador, Germain Robin
- Wes Hagen, Winemaker and Ambassador, J. Wilkes Wines
- Paul Clifton, Winemaker, Hahn Family Wines
- Daniel Daou, Owner/Winemaker, Daou Family Estates
- Justin Seidenfeld, Winemaker, Rodney Strong
- James Ewart, Winemaker, Diora Wines
- Michael Scholz, Winemaker, St. Supery
- Lars Leicht, VP Communications & Education, The SOMM Journal
When and Where: June 18, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PDT via Zoom.
Sign Up: Visit HERE to register. The webinar will also be available for download on the SommConfidential Blog, located on the SommCon® website, for those unable to attend live.