SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CALIF. – Wine, craft beer and fine spirits come to A Stone’s Throw Winery March 28 and 29 for the OC Wine & Spirit Fest, bringing a modern tasting experience to the people of Orange County, with luxe vibes and a laid back coastal attitude. With the focus on fun, OC Wine & Spirit Fest offers an experience perfect for everyone, and every taste.
Founded by the winemakers at A Stone’s Throw Winery, the OC Wine & Spirit Fest encourages festival attendees to explore a modern tasting experience with community and camaraderie at its heart. Set among the quintessential orange groves in historic San Juan Capistrano, guests will mingle with sommeliers, vintners, craft beer experts and others, while they shop from a myriad of luxe vendors ranging from wine-related items to furniture, experiences and jewelry, and gourmet food trucks. There will also be a food + wine/spirits pairing lunch available, led by some of the area’s best chefs and craft wine & spirits makers, as well as live music by rising California Country star, Amanda Kate, in addition to The Country Club Band.
“This will be our best event of the year, and we’re looking forward to bringing something extremely special to Orange County,” said OC Wine & Spirit Fest co-founder, Linda Kearns, also a partner in A Stone’s Throw Winery. “Orange County has an amazing history of wine culture, and we know this event will be a celebration of that, as well as an opportunity to explore new beverages while having a great time among friends and neighbors.”
With philanthropy at heart, this year the OC Wine & Spirit Fest has partnered with two charitable organizations – JDRF Orange County and Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA OC). Both organizations are life-changing in their missions. JDRF leads the charge in finding a cure and providing resources to patients and their families with Type 1 Diabetes. CASA OC serves severely abused, neglected and abandoned children through the recruitment, training and continued support of volunteers who advocate for and mentor these children.
“We are thrilled to partner with such fabulous Orange County organizations,” Kearns said. “We truly admire the very important work that both JDRF and CASA OC do, and we look forward to helping raise awareness and funds for such worthy causes. Big thank you to our sponsors, King Barrel, Orange Coast Magazine and Land Rover-Jaguar, who help bolster our efforts to support these wonderful groups.”
Online ticket sales are discounted. Tickets at the door will cost $125 for General Admission or $150 for VIP, which includes the food + wine/spirits pairing lunch, if space is available. Designated drivers are welcomed and encouraged, and they get in for just $20 (no alcohol tastings). Parking will cost $5 and ridesharing or carpooling is highly recommended.
More information about getting involved, sponsorships, and purchasing tickets are available at www.ocwineandspiritfest.com. Stay social and follow along on Instagram at @ocwineandspiritfest, on Facebook or Twitter.
Online Ticket Prices:
- GENERAL ADMISSION – $100: Includes entry to the event, a commemorative glass to keep, unlimited* beverage tastings, water, coffee, and the overall festival experience.
- VIP ADMISSION – $120: Includes entry into the event, a commemorative glass to keep, unlimited* beverage tastings, water, coffee, plus entry into a special wine/spirits + food pairing lunch hosted by a local chef (sign up required)
- EARLY BIRD TICKET BONUS – $100 and $120: The first 200 tickets purchased online will receive early access (one hour earlier than official start time) to the OC Wine & Spirit Fest, a special swag bag of goodies, a commemorative glass to keep, unlimited* beverage tastings, water, coffee and the overall festival experience.
- TWO DAY GENERAL ADMISSION– $160: What’s better than one day at the OC Wine & Spirit Fest? Two days! Purchase passes for both days for double the fun.
- TWO DAY VIP ADMISSION– $200: Keep the fun going with a second day of the Wine & Spirit Fest, which includes the wine/spirit + food pairing lunch each day.
- DESIGNATED DRIVER – $20: Tickets include admission only. Does NOT include glass or any alcohol tastings.
ABOUT A STONE’S THROW WINERY:
Nestled among some of the last remaining orange groves in Orange County, A Stone’s Throw Winery sits on a 3-acre property and is a working tasting room year-round, pouring boutique wines made in OC. Its vistas are picture-perfect and it’s easily accessible, right off the 405 freeway.
Originally founded in 2002, with the tasting room opening in 2012 as Hamilton Oaks Vineyard and Winery Inc., A Stone’s Throw Winery is now operated by OC Wine & Spirit Fest founders and the expert winemakers behind Giracci Vineyards & Farms, Chad and Linda Kearns.
ABOUT JDRF ORANGE COUNTY:
JDRF is leading the fight against Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) by funding research, advocating for policies that accelerate access to life-changing new therapies, and providing a support network for millions of people around the world impacted by T1D. JDRF’s in-house scientists oversee a diverse portfolio of research tracks, leaving no stone unturned in their search for a cure. While the focus is on curing Type 1 Diabetes, the organization is also pursuing new treatments so that people with T1D can remain healthy until that day comes. Founded by parents determined to find a cure for their children with T1D, JDRF expanded through grassroots fundraising and advocacy efforts, and has funded more than $2 billion in research to date, making significant process in understanding and fighting the disease. Let’s help TURN TYPE ONE INTO TYPE NONE.
ABOUT COURT APPOINTED SPECIAL ADVOCATES (CASA)
Court Appointed Special Advocates of Orange County is a privately-funded non-profit organization that serves severely abused, neglected and abandoned children through the recruitment, training and continued support of volunteers who advocate for and mentor these children, representing their best interest in the courtroom and other settings. Founded in 1985, with major support from the Junior League of Orange County, CASA provides a powerful voice and a meaningful connection for children who have experienced abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are able to serve these children through the generous support of those who donate to CASA as well as the immeasurable compassion and commitment of our CASA advocates. Please visit casaoc.org to learn more.
Just a few rules:
- This event is 21+
- Sorry, no pets (except credentialed service dogs).
- NO TICKET REFUNDS. Tickets are transferable prior to the event with advanced planning. Contact us.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed out of the festival area. All commemorative glasses must be empty. No bottles are allowed to be sold/carried out of the event. Wineries at the event only are permitted ONLINE SALES with delivery.
- *Bartender rules apply, which means wineries may decline to serve a guest at their discretion. Disorderly guests WILL be escorted off the premises by security.
- Guests with designated driver wristbands caught drinking will also be escorted off the premises by security.