Napa, CA (October 16, 2019) – The Napa Valley Grapegrowers announces ROOTSTOCK 2019, the only event of its kind in the industry connecting vineyard practices to wine quality. This year’s symposium is hosted back at the Napa Valley Expo fairgrounds on Thursday, November 14. Since 1990, ROOTSTOCK has been the North Coast’s premier winegrape symposium featuring educational experiences, provocative panel discussions, continuing education sessions and the industry’s top viticulture and enology exhibitors ready to provide vineyard and wine professionals with cutting-edge products, equipment, services and resources.
Timed just as the 2019 harvest comes to a close and the industry begins to look towards the next growing season and the future, ROOTSTOCK gives the industry a chance to connect with friends and colleagues, experience innovation in technology firsthand, gain access to top-notch vineyard and wine trials, hear from industry leaders, and raise a glass to the 2019 vintage at the ROOTSTOCK Happy Hour.
Presented by the Napa Valley Grapegrowers (NVG), 2019 highlights include:
- Over 100 of the industry’s leading viticulture and enology companies offering interactive, educational booth experiences throughout the show.
- An exciting vineyard & wine trial comparing Machine Leafing with Hand Lateral Removal on Wine Quality presented by Sarah Ferguson of Silverado Farming Company. This session will feature a Comparative Wine Tasting – will you taste a difference?
- Climate Change Leadership Summit speaker and sustainability expert, Dr. Olga Barbosa from the Institute of Environmental and Evolutionary Sciences, Universidad Austral de Chile, Valdivia, will deliver a compelling perspective on Why Conservation Ecology is So Important for Wine Production and Climate Change Adaptation.
- Brand new advances in technology gives winemakers accurate intel on vintage trends. Hosted by ETS Laboratories experts, explore the 2019 Vintage-at-a-Glance: Using the New ETS Portal to Assess Vintage Trends as the Harvest Season Progresses.
- Continuing Education Seminars
- Clean plant material is an essential component to vineyard health. Dr. Alan Wei, CEO & President, Agri-Analysis, will share an important update on Recent Advances in Grapevine Virus Testing During the 2019-2019 Season.
- Dr. James Stamp, CEO, Stamp Associates Viticulture returns to ROOTSTOCK for a discussion on How to Secure Clean High-Quality Grapevine Nursery Planting Stock and CDFA Certification followed by Duarte Nursery discussing Clean Nursery Stock Production.
- Barner Jones, Marrone Bio Innovations, and Steve Matthiasson, Premiere Viticultural Services & Matthiasson Wines, team up for a deep dive into the innovation of Integrating Bioprotection (Biological) Products in Viticulture to help grape growers achieve their sustainability goals.
- The day will conclude with the ROOTSTOCK Happy Hour, a pop-up party to catch up with friends and colleagues post-harvest.
Who should attend: Viticulturists, vineyard managers, winemakers, enologists and vineyard & winery owners from around the world focused on increasing quality in the vineyard and winery.
Tickets can be purchased at rootstocknapa.org. NVG member pricing is available.
ROOTSTOCK is from 9 am to 3:30 pm on Thursday, November 14 at the Napa Valley Expo with an onsite Happy Hour to follow from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Locally produced lunch and Happy Hour hors d’oeuvres will be provided for All-Access passholders and available for purchase to Tradeshow ticketholders.
The Napa Valley Grapegrowers hosted its first symposium and exhibition, the Napa Valley Viticultural Fair, in 1990. Twenty-nine years later, ROOTSTOCK carries on this tradition of delivering top quality education and a showcase of the leading products and services for the wine industry. It remains the only event of its kind focused on connecting vineyard practices to wine quality. Today, over 1,500 industry professionals attend this annual educational program.
Thank you to our ROOTSTOCK Partners: Premier Partners, Allied Propane Service and Green Valley Tractor; Distinguished Sponsors, Agri-Analysis, Central Valley, Duarte Nursery, ETS Laboratories, Marrone Bio Innovations; Symposium Supporters, Bartelt Engineering, Recology Organics, Wilbur-Ellis, and Wonderful Nurseries; and Media Partner, Wine Business Monthly.
About Napa Valley Grapegrowers
NVG is a non-profit trade organization that has played a vital role in strengthening Napa Valley’s reputation as a world-class viticultural region for over 43 years. Its mission is to preserve and promote Napa Valley’s world-class vineyards. NVG represents 725 Napa County grape growers and associated businesses.