Stunning Architecture, Design, Art and Unparalleled Experiences Earn VIK 14th Place in Inaugural Winery Tourism Award
The World’s Best Vineyards Awards debuted in London, Monday, July 8th. VIK, the youngest and most dramatic Chilean winery awarded, placed 14th. The ceremony marked two historic firsts in wine tourism. The Southern Hemisphere outperformed the Northern, and Chile leads the world in most luxury wineries awarded.
Distinct and extraordinary activities inspired VIK’s top ranking. Day visitors and hotel guests alike can enjoy the vineyard in a diversity of ways;
- Tasting a flight of exquisite wines at the altar of VIK.
- Travel the vineyard though the tastes of individual blocks.
- Exploring the stunning, architectural, and technologically cutting-edge winery with a guide.
- Mountain biking or horseback riding through vineyards and the 11,000-acre nature preserve.
- Enjoying all the delights of the organic vegetable garden.
- Learning culinary techniques from VIK’s passionate chefs in a cooking class.
- Savoring the breathtaking vineyard and winery with mountain and valley views from the Pavilion restaurant at lunch paired with critically acclaimed VIK wines.
Guests staying at the property can choose from three spectacular accommodations:
- Vik Chile offers a vinotherapy spa, an outstanding culinary restaurant Milla Milla, and 22 singularly designed suites.
- Puro Vik, with its transparent glass bungalows, features dramatic grand panoramic views and living in nature while enjoying all the comforts, exquisite design and art-centric experiences.
- The Cabin is invitingly private in its ‘Scandinavia-meets-South-America’ contemporary chic style.
Meticulously curated and designed to delight, VIK offers experiences found nowhere else in the world. When in Chile a visit to VIK is a MUST, well beyond just wine lovers, VIK is for everyone.
Founders of the estate Alex and Carrie Vik are visionary pioneers. They trail-blazed Chile’s Millahue Valley, planting the first commercial wine vines in 2006, opening their first retreat in 2014 and releasing the first VIK vintage to the public in 2013. In an industry that esteems tradition and heritage, their pioneering property has earned top critical wine and hospitality accolades since its founding only 13-years ago.
“Alex and I envisioned making a wine which would join the pantheon of the world’s great wines,” said Carrie Vik who attended the London award ceremony. “Awards like this recognize VIK is elevating and redefining what a luxury winery experience can be, and show how close we are to joining the pantheon of great wines of the world. As more travelers visit and experience our vineyards and our wines, we expect VIK to steadily rise.”
The World’s Best Vineyards Award founder Andrew Reed created the accolade to honor the finest in modern wine tourism. Approximately 1,500 wineries were nominated globally, and an international academy of wine tourism experts cast 3,500 votes. Dynamic and pioneering wineries outperformed traditional estates and chateaus. The new generation of winery lovers prefers innovation, design, and entrepreneurship. These hallmarks make VIK the must-visit winery while in Chile and South America.
Visit VIK @ www.vik.cl