Where Genius Grows Scholarship Fund will Award Four $5,000 Scholarships Towards a Degree in Viticulture, Wine Industry Hospitality, or Enology.
Livermore, CA, August 21, 2023 – Livermore Valley Wine Community (LVWC) has announced today the formation of the Where Genius Grows Scholarship Fund to benefit students that are seeking a career in viticulture, wine industry hospitality, and enology and other various wine industry fields. The LVWC will be awarding four (4) scholarships of $5,000 towards a degree in an approved area. Applications are now open and LVWC is calling for applicants to their 2023-2024 scholarship opportunities.
“Livermore Valley Wine Community is committed to the growth and development of the wine industry in our region and beyond. There is no better way to support that growth than investing in our future wine industry leaders,” said Brandi Lombardi, Executive Director of Livermore Valley Wine Community. “We’re thrilled to launch this scholarship program and look forward to reviewing applications and awarding the scholarships.”
To qualify, students must:
- Be graduating from high school in 2023-2024 and plan to attend a two-year, four-year college or trade school. Be a current student at a two or four year college seeking a degree.
- Be seeking a career in viticulture, wine industry hospitality, or enology.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Exhibits a strong academic record and consistently maintains at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Demonstrate involvement in Extracurricular Activities.
- Provide the Field of Study, Intended Major, and College/University/Other Institution they plan on attending or their first choice of institution if they have not received an admission decision yet.
For more information on the scholarships, application guidelines and to apply, please visit https://www.lvwine.org/
ABOUT LIVERMORE VALLEY WINE COMMUNITY
The Livermore Valley Wine Community is a 501(c)6 organization that supports the wineries, growers and members in the Livermore Valley American Viticultural Area through educational and marketing programs. For more information, please visit www.LVwine.org.