February 10th – PLACERVILLE, CA: All grape growers, vintners, wineries and interested parties are invited to join us on Wednesday, February 17, at 6:30pm, for a Zoom discussion on Understanding Vineyard, Winery, Farm and Ranch Valuation and the State of the Market with our special guest speaker David Bolster. Bolster provides valuable insight due to his extensive background, knowledge and lifelong experience in the agricultural industry combined with nearly 20 years of real estate experience.
About this topic: Understanding and negotiating the path of multiple, complex variables is critical in making informed and appropriate decisions regarding buying, selling or investing in improving agricultural properties. These variables include: location, site suitability, regulatory and land use issues, market and industry trends, market potential, and business modeling.
Discussion topics include: current state of the market; factors that drive value (location, structural improvements, vineyard characteristics, net income, and grape market); appraisers; recent winery market activity; and, who are the buyers: lifestyle or commercial. Bolster will also touch upon future and new investment in El Dorado and Amador counties.
There is no cost to participate but registration is required to get the Zoom meeting login.
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Same day registration is available depending upon space.
For more information about the El Dorado Wine Grape Growers Association, contact Karen Thomas at [email protected] or call 707-853-3025 and leave a message for a callback.
About David Bolster
Since 2002, David Bolster has been a licensed Realtor in El Dorado County with The Century 21 Select Group of real estate companies owned by Daniel Jacuzzi. Bolster specializes in vineyard, farm, ranch and winery properties, focused on El Dorado County while also serving the greater Sierra Foothills region.
Bolster received his undergraduate degree from UC Davis and CSU Chico. He is a life-long resident of El Dorado county and managed the family farm in Camino for many years while serving on the Apple Hill Growers Board of Directors beginning in 1982. Bolster has served with various community and trade organizations related to the agricultural industry in El Dorado County and currently serves on the El Dorado County Agricultural Commission. David Bolster may be contacted at: (530) 409-2676 or [email protected]
Community and Industry Service:
- Vice Chairman, El Dorado County Agricultural Commission
- Board of Directors, Apple Hill® Growers Association (18 years)
- President of the Apple Hill® Growers Association (5years)
- Board of Directors, El Dorado County Chamber of Commerce (5 years)
- President of the El Dorado County Chamber of Commerce in 1989
- Board of Directors, El Dorado County Farm Bureau (3 years)
- Board of Directors, El Dorado County Economic Development Corporation (3 years)
- Chairman, Agriculture Council, El Dorado County Chamber of Commerce (8 years)
- Member, USDA Farm Services County Committee, El Dorado County
- Consultant, US Agency for International Development, Guatemala, 1998.
- Sacramento Metro Chamber CAP to CAP, 2005, Washington DC
- El Dorado County Ranch Marketing Ordinance Industry Sub Committee
- President, Snowline Hospice Board of Directors
- Associate Member, El Dorado Wine Grape Growers Association
The El Dorado Wine Grape Growers Association is committed to helping growers to improve quality and market visibility of wine grapes grown in El Dorado County. For more information visit our website http://www.eldoradograpes.com/