A virtual presentation involving both you “the tasters” and the “producers/ experts”!
Wednesday, October 12th @ 7 PM — Chardonnay is both timeless and delicious! LearnAboutWine presents the true STARS in Chardonnay virtually via Zoom on October 12th. This tasting was selected and procured by Ian Blackburn and will include guest appearances from both winemakers and expert representatives. This event presents a unique opportunity to taste the best and learn about the current trends in Chardonnay. Per Ian, “This lineup of producers is absolutely a cross section of the best in the world and a good reason why Chardonnay is coming back with a vengeance.”
Available with your choice of (a) tasting flight kit (2.0 oz) or (b) 6 bottle kit delivered to your door. The wine community brings great people together and we thank all the generous support of our industry partners. The spirit is to improve wine and brand knowledge and elevate the audience so wine continues to improve. Early Bird tickets are on sale now – limited to 40 guests. Prices increase as the event date approaches! Visit STARSOFWINE.COM for tickets and information.
Wednesday, October 12th @ 7 PM | Wine List
- Jean-Marc Brocard, Chablis, Sainte Claire “Vieilles Vignes” Burgundy, France 2019 – 91 Points, Wine Enthusiast – a great reference and value
- Presqu’île, Chardonnay, Presqu’île Vineyard “Estate” Santa Barbara, 2018 – Absolutely a benchmark for Santa Barbara and an agable California selection.
- Bodega Chacra, Manique Chardonnay, Patagonia Argentina, 2020 – 94 Points, James Suckling. One of the most exciting brands developing at this moment – from Piero Incisa (The Family behind Sassicaia)
- Leeuwin Estate, “Art Series” Chardonnay Margaret River, Western Australia, 2018 (Perennial Top Wine of the World – still doesn’t get enough attention) – 98 Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
- Hyde De Villane, Chardonnay, Hyde Vineyard Carneros California, 2018 – 98 Points, James Suckling – a union of top names, top sites, and top scores place this at the top of the food chain.
- Domaine Guy Amiot Et Fils, Chassagne-Montrachet Vieilles, Vignes, Burgundy, France 2018 – epic reference for one of the most iconic sites for Chardonnay in the world.
ABOUT IAN TODD BLACKBURN
Wine Educator, Professional Sommelier/Host and Master of Wine Student – Ian discovered the wine industry at the ripe age of 21 while working for famous chefs such as Thomas Keller and Joachim Splichal in Los Angeles’ top dining rooms. The discovery of wine and his endless need for knowledge quickly engulfed Ian’s life, and his passion redirected his career from restaurants and hotels to vineyards and education. In 1995 LearnAboutWine.com was born, becoming the first website dedicated to wine education.
With over 25-years of experience traveling the wine world, Ian is a published author (Wiley Publications, 2002), has 10 vintages of top level winemaking on his resume at Beekeeper Cellars, and is considered one of the region’s best wine educators. Ian’s push to evolve and his ability to pivot has produced a strata of new concepts such as, ZoomIntoWine.com (virtual education), Merchantofwine.com (the family’s online wine store), and now the return of in-person gatherings with LearnAboutWine.com – using all the great gathering spots in LA as potential venues.