A special weekend to celebrate the local community and experience Borgo Santo Pietro’s own wine production 1-3 October 2021
Chiusdino August 2021 – Join Borgo Santo Pietro’s wine harvest weekend this October for an authentic epicurean experience dedicated to the luxury farm they initiated 20 years ago. This special weekend will consist of 3 days in the Tuscan countryside in connection with nature, relaxing in good company and tasting Borgo Santo Pietro’s biological wines: 2019 rosè, 2020 white wine with chardonnay and viognier varieties and 2020 rosé with black canaiolo varieties.
As part of “la dolce vita” that exudes from the Borgo Santo Pietro lifestyle, guests are invited to explore the estate, visit the animals and even partake in a traditional Tuscan cuisine course at the Borgo Cooking School.
The harvest weekend culminates on Sunday when guests will work alongside the vignerons to pick plump grapes by hand before enjoying a well-earned Tuscan feast produced by Borgo’s Michelin-star chefs at long family tables set up under a large oak tree that provide sweeping views of the estate’s wine fields while being heralded by the notes of local musicians.
This harvest weekend will unfold as follows:
- Arrival and Check in
- Estate tour of the farm and the Borgo animals
- Collection of still warm, fresh eggs from the hen houses – TBC
- River swimming
- Gourmet breakfast
- Cheese making – from ravagiolo, primo sale and robiola to pecorino and ricotta cheese.
- The wine harvest with grape picking and the countryside picnic feast with Jeanette and Claus, co founders of Borgo Santo Pietro
- Tour of the herb fields which includes collecting herbs to go to the estate till house to create essential oils.
- Check out and departure
- Price for the Harvest Weekend – €795 (includes all the activities above. Room rate and dinner are not included)
- Guests are limited to a maximum of 20
More about Borgo Santo Pietro
Born in 2001 from the desire to create a community and share a tangible sense of home, where nature and luxury flow seamlessly together to build a more sustainable way of living, Borgo Santo Pietro, a luxury five-star boutique hotel and part of Leading Hotels of the World, features 22 rooms and 4 private pool suites decorated with traditional craftmanship and vintage find furnishings, 1 Michelin star restaurant Meo Modo, La Trattoria sull’Albero, a holistic Seed to Skin spa and an estate of over 300 acres with 300 sheep, 20 pigs, 15 alpacas, 175 chickens, 70 rabbits, 11 acres of herbs garden, 2 acres of vegetable gardens, 1 Herb House, 1 Fermentation Laboratory and new hands-on experiences to nurture the body, mind and soul on another level.