14 New Wineries Participating in the Sold Out, Invitation-Only Event
2/17/2020 – St. Helena, CA– This week, 700 members of the global wine trade and media descend on Napa Valley with the hope and desire of taking home the finest, most innovative and rarest wines in the world—the lots up for auction at the 24th annual Premiere Napa Valley.
Two hundred creative wine lots will be available for sale Saturday exclusively to the pre-qualified national and international trade buyers attending. Descriptions of the wines, as well as information on where to purchase Premiere Napa Valley wines from prior years, can be found at premierenapavalley.com. Like a fine work of art, each bottle is hand-finished with a custom Premiere Napa Valley label, signed by the winemaker and individually numbered. Proceeds from the purchase of Premiere Napa Valley wines support the Napa Valley Vintners’ efforts.
“Premiere Napa Valley brings us together each year to share stories and break bread with a common goal—the promotion, protection, and preservation of Napa Valley,” says Renée Ary, Winemaker for Duckhorn Vineyards and this year’s Premiere Napa Valley Steering Committee Chair. “It’s the ideal atmosphere for strengthening existing partnerships and forging new relationships. And, for our trade guests, purchasing one of the unique lots of 240 bottles or less is a way they can set themselves apart and offer something exclusive to their best customers.”
This year’s auction will include 14 first time Napa Valley winery participants: Angwin Estate Vineyards, Calmere Estate Winery, Crocker & Starr Wines, Fisher Vineyards, Geodesy Wine, ONEHOPE, Paula Kornell Sparkling Wine, Pope Valley Winery, Qtr, Scattered Peaks, Silver Ghost, To Kalon Vineyard Company, Toymaker Cellars, and Zakin Family Estate.
While the opportunity to become the sole proprietor of one of Napa Valley’s most creative wines is the ultimate enticement, Premiere Week leading up to the barrel tasting and auction is considered “The Best Week in Napa Valley” for the wine trade. This week’s events include an array of educational, tasting, and networking opportunities:
- The NVV’s Annual Membership Lunch featuring Christopher Kostow.
- A Kick-off Preview Tasting at Ad Hoc, an opportunity to sample the 20-case lots available at Premiere Napa Valley 2020.
- The Symposium for Professional Wine Writers Summit at Meadowood Napa Valley, a gathering of esteemed wine, food and travel writers from around the globe for an unprecedented retreat.
- The Vintage Perspective Tasting at Inglenook, a walk-around blind tasting that explores Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon in a vertical of 2015, 2016 and 2017 vintages, as well as current release Rosés.
- Premiere Napa Valley Preview Tastings, an array of networking and educational tastings and events hosted by wineries throughout the week for trade and media guests.
Follow all the action from Premiere Napa Valley on social media with the hashtag #PNV20.
About the Napa Valley Vintners
The Napa Valley Vintners nonprofit trade association has been cultivating excellence since 1944 by inspiring its 550 members to consistently produce wines of the highest quality, to provide environmental leadership and to care for the extraordinary place they call home. Learn more at napavintners.com.