Wine Lovers From All Over the Globe Gather October 17-19 for Celebration Featuring World’s Best Wines, Celebrity Chef Competition and More
–SPECIAL GUESTS INCLUDE JOSÉ ANDRÉS, MARIO CARBONE & THE BEACH BOYS–
Presented by Wine Spectator, the New York Wine Experience is a celebration of outstanding wine. Over the course of three days, attendees will taste an exciting variety of wines with the world’s best vintners, including top scoring bottlings and rare older vintages. Guests will also enjoy daytime seminars, wine-pairing lunches and evening Grand Tastings, which feature over 250 top wineries, each pouring a wine rated 90 points or higher by Wine Spectator.
Among the seminars will be deep vertical tastings of Bordeaux second growth Château Pichon Longueville Lalande and Château de Beaucastel of Châteauneuf-du-Pape. In addition, Georg Riedel, who revolutionized how people drink wine by spreading the gospel of his family’s expertly crafted wineglasses, will receive Wine Spectator’s Distinguished Service Award. Saturday night will feature a lavish black-tie banquet, including entertainment from legendary rock band The Beach Boys!
Wine Spectator Editor & Publisher Marvin R. Shanken and the publication’s editorial team welcome winemakers and estate owners presenting rare wines from around the world.
New York Marriott Marquis, 1535 Broadway, New York City
Thursday-Saturday, October 17-19, 2019. Tickets are limited.
- Critics’ Choice Grand Tastings (Thursday and Friday Evening)—Sample from more than 250 great wineries/châteaus from the world’s best winegrowing regions. More than 15 countries will be represented. All wines are rated 90 points or higher.
- Chefs Challenge (Saturday)—A weekend favorite! Great chefs and restaurateurs match food, wine and wits. The star-studded competition features José Andrés, Mario Carbone, Emeril Lagasse and Ti Martin.
- Grand Award Banquet (Saturday Evening)—Sit down for a lavish black-tie dinner celebrating the recipients of the 2019 Grand Award, the highest honor in Wine Spectator’s Restaurant Awards, which recognize the world’s most outstanding wine lists. Guests will toast the award winners with amazing wines while savoring a delicious dinner.
- Complete package registration: $2,495
- Grand Tasting: $375 per evening (Thursday or Friday); $475 for VIP admission
The New York Wine Experience is sponsored by the Wine Spectator Scholarship Foundation, which provides grants and scholarships to a wide variety of wine-related and culinary programs. To date, more than $20 million has been raised thanks to the generosity of vintners and wine lovers around the world.