Auction Lots to Benefit Sonoma County’s Largest Charitable Fundraiser
Santa Rosa, CA (Aug 28, 2019) — Today, the Sonoma County Vintners Foundation and Honorary Co-Chairs Gina Gallo and Christopher Jackson unveiled the complete list of one-of-a-kind auction lots available at the 2019 Sonoma County Wine Auction, presented by Visa Signature®. The auction lots are an exclusive way to procure sought-after wines, private experiences, dinners with America’s top chefs, and excursions not typically available to the public. A few examples include: an evening with celebrated band Lady Antebellum hosted by Christopher and Ariel Jackson of Stonestreet Estate Vineyards, a tour of Northern Italy curated by Gina Gallo and E. & J. Gallo Winery, the ultimate fan experience with San Francisco 49ers Hall of Famers and iconic vintner Merry Edwards, and a stay at Francis Ford Coppola’s private island from The Family Coppola.
The live auction will be hosted at La Crema Estate at Saralee’s Vineyard and will be the culmination of a weekend of activities taking place September 19-21. Proceeds from this event support more Sonoma County non-profit organizations than any other local fundraiser. Over $30 million has been raised since the auction’s inception, making a direct local impact on education, health and human services, the environment, and arts and culture.
“As members of this community, raising money and giving back has been important to us from the start,” said Gina Gallo, Honorary Co-Chair, of E. & J. Gallo Winery. “I’m always impressed by the unique and personal auction lots offered by Sonoma County’s wineries and growers. It’s also quite touching to see the generosity of the Sonoma County Wine Auction community and their commitment to raising funds and supporting those who truly need it. It is definitely the most fun you can have while raising money!”
“Gina and I look forward to welcoming guests to what we hope will be our most successful auction to date,” said Honorary Co-Chair Christopher Jackson of Jackson Family Wines. “In addition to the incredible auction lots, this year’s Fund-A-Need paddle raise is dedicated to helping build a Boys & Girls Club in one of the most underserved neighborhoods in Sonoma.” Adds Jackson, “this will provide educational services, experiences and opportunities that will have a lasting impact on the children and community for decades to come.”
The 40-lot collection that features GRAMMY-award winning musicians, luxurious travel excursions, extravagant meals prepared by world-class chefs, and rare behind-the-scenes experiences with three major Bay Area sports teams can be explored in advance at www.sonomacountywineauction.com. Auction lots also include special wine collections featuring large format and rare wines from Sonoma County’s outstanding wineries, perfect for those looking to enhance their cellars.
- An intimate evening with Grammy Award-winning Lady Antebellum hosted by Christopher and Ariel Jackson of Stonestreet Estate Vineyards. Gather at the newly constructed private hunting club Wing & Barrel Ranch in Sonoma, CA, for an array of coveted wine, delectable food, and the evening of a lifetime. Lady Antebellum is one of the most celebrated bands in country music and has released nine #1 hits, earned seven GRAMMY Awards, and sold more than 18 million albums.
- A Tour of Northern Italy’s most spectacular cities and remarkable wineries curated by Gina Gallo of E. & J. Gallo Winery. The trip includes business-class airline tickets for four, insider experiences and wine tastings in Milan, Piedmont, Verona, Fumane, Florence and Montalcino. Explore some of Italy’s most remarkable estates including Renato Ratti, Allegrini Winery and Argiano.
- A collection of CIRQ wines by Michael Browne and front row access to the CIRQ mailing list. This exclusive wine lot allows you to bypass the 3-4 year waiting list and includes 18 bottles of CIRQ’s highly sought-after wines in large format and library collections, as well as a tasting and personal tour of the estate.
- Ultimate fan experience with San Francisco 49ers Hall of Famers and iconic vintner Merry Edwards. Join celebrated vintner Merry Edwards and Chef Michael Mina for a pregame dinner. Then experience ESPN with Pro Football Hall of Fame Quarterback Steve Young. After, enjoy field passes and tickets for the Owners’ Suites to watch the Niners take on the Seattle Seahawks. Cap off your Hall of Fame experience with dinner in a private suite at the stadium with Edwards and one of football’s most celebrated Hall of Famers, Ronnie Lott. This lot also includes a 3-Liter collection of Merry Edwards wines signed by Merry and 49ers Alumni, and a separate stay at Merry Edwards Winery including dinner hosted by Charlie Palmer at the Dry Creek Kitchen.
- Exclusive Culinary Cult Buy-in Dinner. 6 chefs, 12 winemakers, 40 guests—one incredible night! Be indulged as some of the top chefs in America including Charlie Palmer, Scott Romano, Dustin Valette, Tim Kaulfers, Jeff Mall and Mark Stark prepare a meal so exquisite that the only thing that could possibly rival the food is the collection of wines and winemakers who will be serving them.
- Barefoot Elegance on Francis Ford Coppola’s Private Island presented by Francis Ford Coppola Winery. Spend three nights at Francis Ford Coppola’s Coral Caye private island plus two nights at Sofia Coppola’s Beach House at Turtle Inn resort in Belize for the Coppola Winery lot. The “Gilligan glam” experience includes oceanfront luxury and a “Day at the Reef” excursion for snorkeling or diving at the second largest barrier reef in the world.
- All-access passes to the 2019 St. Regis Snow Polo Championship in Aspen, Colorado courtesy of Flexjet and Senses Wines. Enjoy the freedom of private travel and experience the Flexjet Red Label difference as you fly from Sonoma, CA, to Aspen, CO, in an aircraft appointed with a custom-designed interior from the LXi Cabin Collection. Both couples will stay in luxury at The Little Nell, a 5-star, 5-diamond resort in Aspen. The winning bidder will also receive a Horse Kit valued at over $25,000 and complete access to a host of VIP events at one of the most prestigious snow polo tournaments in the world.
Among the other incredible lots are an intimate Nashville trip from Lasseter Family Winery including an evening and private concert with country music performer Brad Paisley; a journey to the Amanyara Resort in Turks and Caicos with Knights Bridge Winery; and an excursion to New Orleans with Benovia Winery featuring dinner at Emeril’s New Orleans and Trenasse.
About Sonoma County Wine Auction
The Sonoma County Wine Auction brings the region’s most renowned winemakers and growers together with distinguished collectors and generous bidders for an opportunity to acquire some of Sonoma County’s top wines and bid on once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences. Named one of the nation’s top charitable auctions by Wine Spectator, the proceeds raised benefit local Sonoma County charitable organizations. Since its inception, the Sonoma County Wine Auction has raised over $30 million to help fund charitable organizations focusing on education, health and human services, the environment and arts and culture, and has supported more nonprofits than any other fundraising event in Sonoma County. Learn more at sonomacountywineauction.com.
About Visa Signature®
Visa Signature® and Visa Infinite® cardholders enjoy a range of benefits that provide special access including Sonoma County Wine Auction 2019. In addition to points, miles, cash back and other premium rewards offered by issuers, Visa Signature and Visa Infinite cardholders also enjoy perks such as 24/7 complimentary concierge services, access to the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection and exclusive offers related to fine wine and food, travel and sports. For more information on Visa Signature, Visa Infinite and other Visa® offerings, please visit Visa.com.
About Sonoma County Vintners Foundation
The Sonoma County Vintners Foundation provides support to our local community through philanthropy and charitable giving. Fundraising efforts have a direct impact in the areas of education, health and human services, the environment and arts and culture. The signature fundraising event, Sonoma County Wine Auction has been recognized as one of Wine Spectator’s Top Charity Wine Auctions in the United States. Learn more at sonomawine.com/foundation.