(February 8, 2024; Lompoc, Calif.)—The Barn at The Hilt Estate, the hospitality nucleus of Santa Barbara County’s JONATA and The Hilt Estate, has announced a lineup of new and expanded tasting experiences for 2024. In addition to these offerings, the winery welcomes guests to visit and taste on Feb. 24 from 1-4 p.m. at The Barn at The Hilt Estate for the unveiling of the 2021 vintage of The Hilt’s single vineyard bottlings of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from the winery’s Bentrock, Radian and Puerta Del Mar vineyards. Wines will be poured alongside baked empanadas from Santa Barbara’s very own Buena Onda, with groovy beats by DJ LeFunk Sounds. Tickets are available for $50 per person and available on Tock, with discounts offered for Subscription Members.
Recognized as “one of the (Santa Ynez) Valley’s most dramatic, design-forward experiences” by Condé Nast Traveler, The Barn at The Hilt Estate is a magnet for both wine collectors and lovers of design and modern California aesthetics. Located along scenic Highway 1 just a few miles from the Pacific Ocean in the far southwest corner of the Sta. Rita Hills, The Barn was designed by renowned architect Howard J. Backen of the firm Backen & Backen Architects and Silvia Nobili of Nobili Marqués Arquitectura, with interiors by Amber Lewis of Amber Interiors Design Studio. The space serves as a gorgeous backdrop for wine lovers to taste in an indoor-outdoor space, overflowing with sophisticated yet unassuming California farmhouse elegance.
“We are pleased to welcome guests to enjoy a diverse lineup of wines from both The Hilt and JONATA in what is one of the most architecturally significant and singular hospitality spaces in the Santa Ynez Valley,” says Director of Hospitality Christine Doran. “From fully private tasting experiences of our top wines to our new “Bottle Service” offering that allows guests to enjoy a bottle together at our community gathering table, we are looking forward to welcoming guests from both near and far to experience this sublime corner of the Sta. Rita Hills.”
Expanded and ongoing tasting opportunities include:
- The ESTATES ($40): This is the foundation of both JONATA and The Hilt Estate. Hosted in a more communal setting, the Estates features a shorter flight of core wines from The Hilt and JONATA, highlighting the spirit of both properties.
- The POINT ($50): Drawing inspiration from nearby Point Conception, The Point tasting features six wines from The Hilt that pay tribute to the profound impact of the Pacific Ocean on The Hilt’s wind-whipped estate.
- The JALAMA ($85): Derived from a Chumash word meaning “bundle,” the Jalama flight captures an elevated collection of seven wines from both JONATA and The Hilt estates.
- La POESIA “The Poetry” ($125): Featuring limited and libraryselections from JONATA & The Hilt Estate, this experience takes place in a completely private space with an accompanying private courtyard. The La Poesia tasting concludes with coffee and tea service.
- Bottle Service ($20 reservation fee): The Barn is pleased to welcome guests to enjoy the beauty of The Barn at The Hilt Estate and enjoy a leisurely bottle of wine at their communal gathering table.
Prices are per person and advanced reservations are required, either online via Tock or by calling (805) 564-8581.
Click here to read more about The Barn at The Hilt Estate:
About The Hilt Estate
In 2014, The Hilt acquired the historic 3,600-acre Rancho Salsipuedes, setting the stage for the ultimate home of The Hilt Estate. Located in the Sta. Rita Hills AVA in northwestern Santa Barbara County, California, the property is home to three distinct vineyards: Radian and Bentrock, on the original Rancho Salsipuedes, once known as Rancho Cañada de Salsipuedes, and Puerta del Mar, which surrounds the winery. To best appreciate the wines made by The Hilt Estate, ideally one would visit these dramatic and even extreme vineyards where the grapes are farmed. Just as all great wines tell the story of their place of origin, The Hilt’s pinot noirs and chardonnays are the bold expressions of the unique estate. By employing innovative viticultural practices, selecting clones strategically, and making the most of the coastal influence, winds, and soils, Winemaker Matt Dees is pushing the vineyards to the hilt of their potential and creating wines that are lively, fresh, and well-structured.
For more information on The Hilt Estate, please visit www.thehiltestate.com
Follow on Social Media:
- Hashtag: #TheHILT #TheHILTEstate
- Instagram: @thehiltestate
About JONATA Estate
Born in 1998 out of a desire to explore and expand world-class winegrowing in Santa Barbara County, JONATA is an estate like no other. Set amongst the rolling hills in the moderate climate of the Ballard Canyon appellation in Santa Ynez Valley, the 600-acre site is home to 84 acres of vines and over 12 grape varieties planted in Careaga sand. More than just a vineyard, most of the property is comprised of ancient oak trees, gardens, fruit orchards and diverse variety of animal life. Through years of farming the estate at the highest standards, the winery team, led by long-time winemaker Matt Dees, has tirelessly forged its own path. JONATA has gained recognition from collectors and critics alike for making captivating wines that authentically express the estate’s vines, climate and unique soils.
For more information on JONATA Estate, please visit www.jonata.com
Follow on Social Media:
Hashtag: #JONATA #JONATAEstate