June 7th – SAN FRANCISCO, CA — Following the Queen’s Jubilee Celebration this weekend, wine and trade journalists can look forward to discovering and enjoying California’s extraordinary wines through an immersive experience at Eureka! in London from June 7 to June 9. The state’s exceptional range of wines, from its world leading sustainable wineries and 144 unique wine grape growing regions, will be on display with hundreds of wines available for tasting, an innovative self-pour area exploring the future of California viticulture, a sensory garden, and the Virtual Vineyard wine seminar that explores the geology, terrain and climate of the state. The first ever “Wall of Wine” will display more than 200 certified sustainable, organic and biodynamic wines from California, including many never seen before in the United Kingdom.
This cutting-edge initiative is designed for the wine trade and wine enthusiasts to experience and discover wines and viticulture from California in a whole new way while enjoying a taste of the California lifestyle right in their own backyard. Launching in London, Eureka! is intended for a global audience in key wine markets around the world.
- More than 250 California wineries
- Wine Institute Vice President of International Marketing, Honore Comfort
- Executive Director of California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance, Allison Jordan (also Vice President, Environmental Affairs, Wine Institute)
- Master Sommelier Will Costello
- Head of the Culinary Gardens at Kendall-Jackson, Tucker Taylor
- Kendall-Jackson Executive Chef Justin Wangler
WHAT: An introduction to California wines and wine styles, as well as some of the innovations and ideas that are driving California viticulture and winemaking today. A reinvention of a traditional “trade tasting” event to offer people an opportunity to learn about wines and wine regions in a new way.
The program was developed around the idea of using all five senses to learn about wine and experience a unique twist on trade tasting events. Included is an innovative and immersive wine seminar featuring 4D video to explore geology, terrain and climate, and an indoor environmental experience and sensory garden, all designed to be enjoyed in a healthy and safe environment with small numbers of people and a “paper-free” experience. Sustainability is at the core of the event and organizers will track carbon emissions and use recycled and reusable materials.
WHEN: June 7 – 9, 2022
WHERE: Truman Brewery, The Boiler House, 152 Brick Lane, London, E1 6RU in Shoreditch
WHY: The evolution of California wine, winemaking, and sustainability has reached an unprecedented scale. Trade and wine enthusiasts in the UK can experience all of it at this unique three-day experience in London.
- Honore Comfort – Wine Institute’s Vice President of International Marketing
- Allison Jordan – Executive Director of California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance and Wine Institute’s Vice President of Environmental Affairs
- To set up either in-person or phone/Zoom interviews with Honore or Allison, contact Wine Institute’s Gino DiCaro at 916-730-3443 or [email protected]
Additional information can be found at the Eureka! Webpage.
About Wine Institute
Established in 1934, Wine Institute is the public policy advocacy group of 1,000 California wineries and affiliated businesses that initiates and advocates state, federal and international public policy to enhance the environment for the responsible production, consumption and enjoyment of wine. The organization works to enhance the economic and environmental health of the state through its leadership in sustainable winegrowing and by showcasing California’s wine regions as ideal destinations for food and wine travelers to the state. To learn more about California wines, visit DiscoverCaliforniaWines.