Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey wins the Whisky Of The Year and a gold medal with 96 points at the 5th edition of the London Spirits Competition.
5 April – The 2022 London Spirits Competition took place last week and the results are already out! A competition where all the spirits are judged on the basis of 3 aspects: quality, value, and packaging. To become a winner, a spirit must showcase excellent standards on all the 3 mentioned criteria.
A wide range of judges including the country’s top bartenders and spirit buyers were present at the St Mary’s church in London’s Marylebone. Experts from prestigious restaurants, bars, and hotels such as the Ritz, Le Manoir, Gleneagles, the Goring, the Connaught, and Claridges were the judges at this competition. The 5th edition of London Spirits Competition achieved new heights with a range of vodkas, gins, and whiskeys along with some interesting spirits that entered the competition.
The 2022 Competition saw 160 from the United States, 447 entries from the United Kingdom as the top entrant country, followed by 323 products from Australia. 771 Gins made Gin the top category entrant followed by Whiskey and Rum.
Top Winners at the London Spirits Competition
- Best Spirits of The Year 2022: Bareksten Navy Strength Gin, Norway.
- Best Spirits of The Year (by Quality): Bareksten Navy Strength Gin, Norway.
- Best Spirits of The Year (by Value): Samuel Gelston’s Single Malt Irish Whiskey, Ireland.
- Best Spirits of The Year (by Package): Bareksten Navy Strength Gin, Norway.
- Best Vodka of The Year 2022: Vestal Vodka, Poland.
- Best Rum of The Year 2022: Rum Nation Panama 21 Aged Years, Panama.
- Best Tequila of The Year 2022: Tequila Don Fulano Imperial, Mexico.
- Best Gin of The Year 2022: Bareksten Navy Strength Gin, Norway.
- Best Whisky of The Year 2022: Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whiskey, United States.
- Best Brandy of The Year 2022: Grappa Riserva Invecchiata in Botti da Whiskey, Italy.
- Best Liqueur of The Year 2022: Amaro San Marco, Italy.
- Best Cognac of The Year 2022: Ferrand Cognac 1840 Original Formula, France.
“Many congratulations to the very worthy winners, as well as our extremely hard-working panel of judges who went the extra mile,” said Sid Patel, CEO of Beverage Trade Network, which organizes and manages the event.
All the spirits are tasted blind by the judges are analyzed on the basis of three key aspects – quality, value, and packaging, and are scored on a 100-point scale. Spirits that score 90 plus points are awarded a Gold medal while those spirits that get 76 – 89 points receive a Silver. For spirits that score between 65 and 75 points, the bronze medal is awarded.
About London Spirits Competition
The London Spirits Competition is an international spirits competition organized by Beverage Trade Network. The competition looks to recognize, reward, and help promote brands that have successfully been created to tick all the boxes – quality, value, and packaging.