- Over 200 wineries ready to present the new vintages of DOCG and DOC wines of Langhe and Roero in Turin.
- For the first time Grandi Langhe will welcome wine enthusiasts with a dedicated consumer session.
Alba, December 6 – Grandi Langhe 2022 is ready to welcome wine professionals in Turin on January 31 and February 1 2022. Italian and international buyers, wine shops, restaurateurs and importers are now be able to register for the largest tasting dedicated to Langhe and Roero appellations.
Additionally, for the first time ever, private consumers and wine lovers will be able to access the event, during a session entirely dedicated to them, on Monday 31 from 6.30 PM to 9.30 PM.
Up to 220 local wineries will showcase their labels in the evocative spaces of OGR – Officine Grandi Riparazioni in the Piedmontese capital, a place strategically chosen to both reflect and celebrate the increasing prestige of the event and to ensure compliance with distancing regulations.
The Consorzio di Tutela Barolo Barbaresco Alba Langhe e Dogliani and the Consorzio Tutela Roero, with the support of the Piemonte Region, are the organizers of the event, now in its sixth edition after the stop of 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are thrilled to bring Grandi Langhe to Turin for the first time. The event has grown a lot over the years and has positioned itself among the unmissable events of the Italian wine calendar”, explains Matteo Ascheri, President of the Consorzio di Tutela Barolo Barbaresco.
“2021 has unfortunately been a year of forced break and our producers are looking forward to being able to return to meet their clients in person. We have taken all the necessary measures to guarantee exhibitors and users a safe, pleasant and more importantly, unforgettable experience”.
With the opening to wine lovers, the Consortium continues its promotional strategy aimed at establishing a direct line with final consumers, who for the first time ever will be able to taste the over 1500 labels presented, thanks to the partnership with AIS Piemonte.
“The decision to bring Grandi Langhe to Turin, a symbolic city of Piedmont and already the Capital of Italy, demonstrates the importance assumed by the event”, adds Francesco Monchiero, President of the Roero Protection Consortium.
“It will be an opportunity to meet the Italian and international trade professionals, who play a key role in the identity of our wine. In addition, thanks to the participation of 50 buyers from abroad, new development opportunities will be created in consolidated or emerging countries, which in the last year and a half our companies have not been able to visit. Our appellations are among the most famous expressions of Italian oenology: strengthening the relationship with foreign countries means promoting the image of the entire nation”.
If you are a trade professional you can register for free on www.grandilanghe.com.
If you are a private consumer you can purchase your ticket on www.aispiemonte.it
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ATTENDEES
- The doors of Grandi Langhe 2022 will open for professionals on 31 January and 1 February, from 10 am to 5 pm at the Sala Fucine di OGR in Turin in Corso Castelfidardo 22.
- Private consumers and wine enthusiasts can purchase the ticket here.
- Participants must necessarily register in advance on the website, print and present their entrance ticket, together with the EU COVID-19 certification (green pass).
- It is mandatory to wear a mask inside the venue when not tasting.
- The list of participating wineries is available on www.grandilanghe.com