The New Line from Argentina’s Leading Winery Highlights the Unique Expression of Mendoza’s Most Prestigious Vineyards
NEW YORK, October 14, 2021 – Argentina’s leading wine producer, Bodega Luigi Bosca, today announces the launch of Luigi Bosca De Sangre, a new collection of wines meticulously selected from micro-zones and soils in Mendoza’s most prestigious vineyards, resulting in wines with a pure and transparent expression of the region’s terroir.
De Sangre showcases the winery’s intimate knowledge of its vines, climate, and soil, which has been accrued and handed down over four generations for more than 120 years. The result is a collection of wines that is truly representative of the vineyards- combining expertise with respect and admiration for the terroir of Mendoza.
Founded in 1901 by Leoncio Arizu, Bodega Luigi Bosca has aptly named this new line “De Sangre”—meaning “of blood”—as a tribute to their winemaking and pioneering legacy and to share outstanding wines with family and special friends.
“The tradition of family gatherings runs in the blood of the Arizus,” says Bodega Luigi Bosca CEO Alberto Arizu Jr. “These special and treasured wines have therefore been created for celebrating life and sharing with our loved ones. Luigi Bosca De Sangre is the collection we choose for enjoyment and expressing the essence of the passion that defines us.”
De Sangre wines reflect the winery’s signature tradition by Alberto Arizu Sr, interpreted in a new style by the innovative winemaker Pablo Cúneo. Using advances in precision agriculture and soil mapping, these wines are carefully produced to avoid overextraction of tannins and to optimize fruit expressions for a well-balanced wine.
“We know that the quality of a wine comes from the vineyard itself,” says Pablo Cúneo, Director of Winemaking at Bodega Luigi Bosca. “Our winemaking philosophy, therefore, is rooted in the constant search for the perfect conditions for achieving the best and purest expression of each variety. Our aim is to make wines that transform the essence of nature into exceptional and unforgettable creations. De Sangre is the faithful reflection of the hard work by every member of Bodega Luigi Bosca.”
The collection includes a number of Malbecs for which the region known and also features a world-class Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Red and White Blend. The product of five years of conceptualization, research, and innovation, the new De Sangre line from Luigi Bosca debuts this fall with seven signature wines that are expressive and elegant, with genuine character and a strong sense place with a focus on terroir, including:
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre Malbec 2018: The stony soil of alluvial origin of these terroirs, located at the foot of the Andes mountains are selected specifically for their ability to provide this wine with structure, purity and an appealing tension in the palate.
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre Malbec D.O.C. 2019: The loamy, sandy and stony soil of this terroir, located at the foot of the Andes mountain range, gives a fruity character, roundness and structure, reflecting the essence of Malbec in this long-standing terroir of Mendoza. This wine was produced under the Lujan de Cuyo D.O.C. regulations.
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre Cabernet Sauvignon 2018: The balance between the terroir found in Luján de Cuyo and the Uco Valley gives rise to a complex, compact and full-bodied red wine, which perfectly depict the varietal expression of Mendoza’s terroir.
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre Cabernet Franc 2018: Luigi Bosca pioneered research on this wine from El Paraíso, Maipú vineyards, where Cabernet Franc expresses special virtues. The sandy loam soil of this terroir provides a highly elegant and complex wine with compact character and round sensation.
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre Malbec Edición Limitada 2017: With only 20,000 bottles produced, this Malbec is made from select vineyard plots in Finca Miralejos, in Paraje Altamira. The stony and calcareous soil of this terroir is expressed in this wine’s verticality and minerality, which highlight an extremely floral profile.
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre White Blend 2020: Made from Chardonnay, Semillón and Sauvignon Blanc from select estate vineyards in Las Compuertas, Gualtallary and Tupungato. The balance achieved between its different components results in a highly fresh, vibrant wine that expresses the knowledge and experience that Bodega Luigi Bosca has acquired from producing high-quality white wines over 120 years.
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre Red Blend 2019: A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and a small amount of Merlot from select winery-owned estate vineyard plots, located in Las Compuertas and Agrelo. The balance obtained from the different terroirs from Lujan de Cuyo result in a genuine wine representative from this traditional region.
Retailing at a suggested price of $24.99 per bottle, the Luigi Bosca De Sangre collection will made available through Frederick Wildman’s distributor network and will be available nationally at wine retailers and restaurants across the country. For more information, please visit https://luigibosca.com/en/ and https://www.frederickwildman.com/.
ABOUT LUIGI BOSCA
Founded in 1901 by the Arizu family in Mendoza, Luigi Bosca has successfully led the winemaking industry for over 120 years by making wines that reflect its founders’ pioneering spirit and unique knowledge, as well as its people’s passion and commitment, complemented by the nature and balance of its terroir of origin. The winery’s innovative approach and determination to achieve excellence have consolidated it as one of the Argentine benchmark wineries at a global level. Furthermore, it is regarded as the ambassador of the peculiarity and elegance of the great wines of Mendoza, through the merge of four crucial pillars: nature, craftsmanship, science and instinct. Its wines are currently present in more than 60 markets all over the world. For further details, please visit www.luigibosca.com.
ABOUT FREDERICK WILDMAN AND SONS
Frederick Wildman and Sons is a New York based fine wine importer offering the leading properties from France, Italy, Spain, Argentina, and other regions. The portfolio includes more than 75 brands, including: Santi, Nino Negri, Lamberti, Pol Roger, Château Fuissé, J.J. Vincent, Olivier Leflaive, Famille Hugel, Pascal Jolivet, Chartreuse, Marchesi di Barolo, Domaine Faiveley, as well as Cantine Riunite & CIV’s full portfolio, and the wines of Gruppo Italiano Vini. For more information, visit https://www.frederickwildman.com/.