September 23rd – A Metodo Classico wine that speaks Tuscan! Donatella Cinelli Colombini has launched her Brut Rosé Metodo Classico sparkling wine, made from 100% Sangiovese and designed to be paired with the white truffles of the Crete Senesi in a combination that is all about elegance and flavor.
“It’s a great sparkling wine for drinking throughout a meal, an exclusive specialty destined for lovers of Tuscany and the most extraordinary fruits of its land like the white truffles of the Crete Senesi”, explains Donatella Cinelli Colombini, presenting her Brut Rosé Metodo Classico, of which only 1,433 bottles from the 2018 vintage were produced at Fattoria del Colle.
“Wine lovers – who are demanding and always looking for something new – will find a wine of great personality and finesse: an exclusive limited edition that is aiming for top quality”. Indeed, this wine combines the freshness that is typical of Italian sparklers with the intense tasting characteristics of bubblies that have undergone a long maturation.
Donatella Cinelli Colombini worked for three years for this result, preparing a vineyard of Sangiovese with different characteristics and a different method of harvesting compared to the grapes destined for her classic Tuscan reds. In fact, “when Josef Reiterer told me to produce more grapes, it came as a shock”, she says, referring to the creator of the sparkling wines of “Arunda”, the Alto Adige winery at 1,200 meters above sea level, who acted as her consultant on all aspects of this project.
Moreover, for Donatella Cinelli Colombini’s Brut Rosé Metodo Classico, she built a cold (12°C), dark room in the cellar of Fattoria del Colle where the bottles were placed in traditional pupitres and remuage was carried out manually each day by the cellar workers of the first winery in Italy to have a staff composed entirely of women.
The wine’s packaging also has an authorial touch, with a label designed by internationally famous Sienese painter Alessandro Grazi.
From the Pienza cloth in the texture of the label to the ecological foil, the capsule with its traditional dove – the symbol of Donatella Cinelli Colombini – and the screen-printed box, everything has been designed for a demanding, refined public that is seeking a little, exclusive gem.
We are talking about a public that loves Tuscany and its traditions, like that of preparing effervescent wines for weddings and baptisms: a custom that this sparkler is perfect for, considering that it was drunk first of all at the marriage of Enrico and Violante Cinelli Colombini.
- TYPE OF WINE: Brut Rosé Metodo Classico sparkling wine
- VINTAGE: 2018
- VARIETY: Sangiovese
- VINEYARDS: Organic vineyards at Fattoria del Colle
- TIME ON ITS LEES: 24 months; disgorged in 2021
The grapes were chilled, destemmed and the skins removed by means of pressing. The free-run juice fermented for 12 days at a temperature of 13°C. The lees were then removed from the wine, and it remained for 5 months at a cold temperature; in February it was bottled and began its maturation on the yeasts for 24 months, followed by disgorgement, addition of the liqueur d’expédition and final corking. After 6 months, it was released for sale.
- COLOR: a brilliant old rose color
- PERLAGE: fine and persistent
- FRAGRANCE: complex, combining with breadcrusts and sweet pastry fruity aromas that are reminiscent of peach and tropical fruits.
- TASTE: fresh, dry, well-balanced, intense, and with a long, tangy finish.
- ANALYSIS: Total acidity 5.70 g/l; Total alcohol 12.74 % vol.; pH 3.15; Volatile acidity 0.38 g/l
- FOOD PAIRINGS: its ideal food match is with tagliolini with truffles. Excellent as an aperitif, with savory pastries, or throughout a meal consisting of delicately flavored dishes.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: serve at 8°C in clear crystal, tulip-shaped glasses.