Taste What’s New and What’s Next at Leading St. Helena Fine Wine Retailer
(St. Helena, Calif.—September 22, 2021)— St. Helena’s ACME Fine Wines today announced that the boutique fine wine retailer will be launching their new IPO Experience on October 15 for fall and winter 2021/22.
Founded in 2003 by Proprietor Karen Williams, ACME Fine Wines has long been regarded as one of the country’s premiere sources for both hard-to-find, highly allocated wines as well as debut offerings from new brands and rising star winemakers, which ACME’s sommelier team have internally dubbed IPO Wines. Examples of past IPO Wines which debuted with ACME include the first vintages of Hundred Acre, Realm, Tusk, The Mascot, Checkerboard, MacDonald and Detert. IPO Wines are the very first vintages from new brands or new, exclusive side projects/offers from established brands where ACME has secured limited allocations for their clientele directly from the winery.
With the new IPO Experience, guests will have the first sip of what’s new and what’s next. The tasting will feature six to eight of Williams’ favorite recent IPO Wines and could include:
- 2019 Brendel, Young Leon, Frizzante Rosé, Grignolino, Napa Valley ($35)
- A new brand from the team at Heitz Cellars, this is a mouthwatering and refreshingly crisp, dry sparkling wine made with 100% organically farmed Grignolino grapes grown in St. Helena.
- Director: Cassandra Felix; Winemaker: Brittany Sherwood
- 2019 Grassi, Sparkling Ribolla Gialla, Napa Valley ($50)
- This 100% estate grown Ribolla Gialla is an absolutely out of the box wine, and it’s a strong example of just how dynamic Napa can and should be.
- Vintner: Mark Grassi; Winemaker: Maayan Koschitzky
- 2018 Fluent “Glass Cat” Sauvignon Blanc ($125)
- This extremely limited production Sauvignon Blanc comes from a tiny parcel of Sauvignon Blanc in the famed Panek Cabernet vineyard.
- Vintner: Rob Harrison; Winemaker: Joe Harden
- 2018 Patria, Charlie Smith Vineyard, Chardonnay, Moon Mountain District, Sonoma Valley ($52)
- Patria is the personal brand from winemaker Tony Biagi (Hourglass, The Vineyardist, Duckhorn, PlumpJack, Cade, Amici, Lasseter) whose inspiration for this wine is the great Chardonnays from Aubert, Peter Michael, Marcassin, Kistler, Maxem, and Kongsgaard
- 2018 Brvghelli Pinot Noir, Santa Maria Valley ($205)
- Vintner and winemaker Michael Brughelli’s (formerly of Scar of the Sea) newest project coming from the Santa Maria Valley
- 2016 Dalecio Family Wines, Reserve, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley ($228)
- Only five barrels were produced of the very best of Dalecio Cabernet from exceptional mountain vineyards, ranging from 1,200 to 2,100 feet in elevation.
- Vintners: Scott and Kathleen Dalecio; winemakers: Philippe Melka & Maayan Koschitzky, Atelier Melka
- 2018 Loveland Lee Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley ($125)
- David McBride, a self-professed “one man show,” produced just 38 cases of this Cabernet stunner from a Pritchard Hill vineyard site, located next to Bryant Family.
- Vintner and Winemaker: David McBride
The cost of the IPO Experience is $125 per person and may be booked by calling 707.963.0440 or visiting www.acmefinewines.com. ACME Fine Wines also features the Kahuna Tasting at its St Helena boutique from Monday-Friday between 10:30 am and 3pm.
ABOUT ACME FINE WINES
Founded in 2003 by Proprietor Karen Williams, ACME Fine Wines has long been regarded as one of the country’s premiere sources for both hard-to-find, highly allocated wines as well as debut offerings from new brands and rising star winemakers. ACME is located in St. Helena, California in the heart of the Napa Valley. For more information, please visit www.acmefinewines.com or call 707.963.0440.