It is time to submit your wines for the last half of 2021’s reviews to Connoisseurs’ Guide to California Wine (CGCW), a monthly wine newsletter covering the entire West Coast. This newsletter has reviewed tens of thousands of West Coast wines to date since 1974 during which it was in continuous publication.
CGCW tastes blind, peer-to-peer, with consistent methodology, and “at the same table.” They do not write their reviews based on casual walk-arounds or winery tastings.
The publication schedule is as follows:
- SEPTEMBER: Albariño, Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Chenin Blanc, Vermentino, Pinot Blanc, Grüner Veltliner, Barbera (submittal deadline July 31st, please contact if more time is needed)
- OCTOBER: Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah, Grenache, Tempraillo, Sangiovese (submittal deadline August 21st)
- NOVEMBER: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay (submittal deadline September 25th)
- DECEMBER: Cabernet Sauvignon, Sparkling Wine (including pet-nat), Port-style Dessert Wine (fortified) (submittal deadline October 23rd)
There is no fee for participating or specific form to fill out, but we do request the following with your submission:
- California Suggested Retail Price (required)
- Case Production (required)
- Cepage/blend, if not 100% varietal
- Final Analysis (pH, TA etc) if available
- Two Bottles for each wine submitted
- Contact name, email address and phone number if we have questions
Please send wines to: CGCW, 2691 Doidge Ave., Pinole, CA 94564
If you have questions, please call (510) 417-2833 or email [email protected].