A sample of the 2021 events hosted at Charles Krug includes:
- Blue Note Napa: In partnership with Blue Note Napa (of the famed Blue Note New York Jazz Club), Charles Krug Winery will temporarily host Blue Note Napa for a series of outdoor shows. Concerts will be hosted twice per night every Friday, Saturday and Sunday where 260 guests can enjoy live music, food and wine at socially distanced, bistro-style tables. The concerts start on May 22 through mid October. Tickets will be available at bluenotenapa.com or ticketmaster.com, and feature acts like Brian McKnight, Tycho, Los Lobos, Pink Martini, and KT Tunstall.
- Festival Napa Valley: This July, Charles Krug is pleased to partner with Festival Napa Valley—presented by the Napa Valley Festival Association, a nonprofit organization with a mission to bring the arts to all through world-class performances and inspiring arts education programs—for the entirety of the festival’s run this July 15 – 26. The event itself will be based at the winery, wherein a stage will be erected on the Great Lawn to accommodate the major acts such as Jean-Yves Thibaudet, Lisette Oropesa, Michael Fabiano, Roberto Bolle and more. Visit https://festivalnapavalley.
org/for more information.
- The Cameo Theater: St. Helena’s Cameo Theater, renowned by locals for fostering an appreciation for the cultural heritage of cinema, will be creating a Drive-In movie experience at Charles Krug beginning every Wednesday from April through September 2021. Charles Krug will host moviegoers on the lawn area on the north side of the Redwood Cellar for pre-movie dining. Visit https://www.cameocinema.com/
aboutfor more information.
- NIMBASH: Napa Valley’s annual celebration of local food, drinks and artists will be held at Charles Krug this September. It will consist of a wide variety of art activities, local cuisine and wine, musical performances, a fashion show and a silent auction to support the local art community. Visit https://www.nimbusarts.org/
nimbash/for more information.
- Sunset Cinema Series: Charles Krug is looking forward to renewing it’s collaboration with the Napa Valley Film Festival to produce the summer film series, “Sunset Cinema” at Charles Krug’s Great Lawn. Guests will enjoy a variety of screened films at sunset against the backdrop of the adjacent Redwood grove. The Sunset Cinema showings will be taking place on July 9th, August 6th, and September 3rd.
Although the winery was nimble during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic to establish a litany of guest offerings—they frequently hosted virtual comedy nights, cooking classes, and magic shows for their consumers online throughout the past 12 months—Charles Krug is eager to reintroduce events to the estate like their renowned Tastings on the Lawn in September (68 consecutive years) that further evolve and expand upon the traditional tasting room experience while maintaining a safe environment.
“There is always something new happening at Charles Krug,” comments Charles Krug co-proprietor Peter Mondavi Jr. “Wine tasting in the Napa Valley has continued to evolve and become much more of an experiential activity and we recognize that our great wines can be paired with so many wonderful experiences that add to the cultural richness of our community.”
“Charles Krug has a storied history in the Napa Valley, which includes a history of engaging activities at our iconic estate,” added Judd Wallenbrock, President & CEO of C. Mondavi & Family, parent company of Charles Krug Winery. “We’re happy to continue this legacy with renowned partners like Blue Note Napa, Festival Napa Valley, and everyone else we’re working with for our event series this summer.”
ABOUT CHARLES KRUG WINERY
In 1943, Italian immigrants Cesare and Rosa Mondavi purchased the historic Charles Krug property, Napa Valley’s oldest winery and the longest-running tasting room in California. The business was built on a foundation of family values, hard work and the European winemaking tradition; it remains a family-owned winery today, producing exceptional, estate-driven Napa Valley wines. The wineries operate under the direction of Peter Mondavi Jr. and Marc Mondavi, third-generation proprietors whose predecessor was the legendary Napa Valley icon Peter Mondavi Sr. The family is now proudly in its fifth generation, continuing a legacy started over 75 years ago and setting a framework for generations to come. For additional information, please visit www.charleskrug.com/