April 23rd- Wine entrepreneur and educator Ian Blackburn hosts a spectacular spectrum tasting of a few of the world’s greatest white wines for two lively evenings of tasting! We deliver tasting flights or full bottles to your home and you Zoom LIVE!
No matter what level of experience you have, you are encouraged to join us for interactive tasting panels and to taste along with TWELVE world-class wineries from all over the globe. Join one or both nights as we tour from Alsace to Marlborough; South Africa to Napa; Chablis to La Rioja; and Dão and Vouvray!
Early Bird tickets are on sale now – limited to 60 guests.
Note, prices increase as event date approaches… so sign up early for the best value.
- Taste with the winemakers, owners and executives
- Tasting flights or bottles available, shipping included in California
- Wine community brings great people together
- Social, educational, entertaining and informative
Night One – 5/12 Wednesday, 7PM PST
- Château de la Ragotière, Vallet, Muscadet Sèvre et Maine, Loire, France, 2014
- Craggy Range, Sauvignon Blanc, Te Muna Road Vineyard, Martinborough, New Zealand, 2020
- Reyneke, Organic Chenin Blanc, Stellenbosch, South Africa, 2018
- Bougetz Cellars, Viognier, Belle Reve Yates Family Vineyard, Mt. Veeder, Napa Valley, 2019
- Dehlinger Estate, Chardonnay, Russian River Valley, Sonoma, California, 2018
- Domaine Weinbach, Pinot Gris, Clos des Capucins, Alsace, France, 2019
Night Two – 5/15 Saturday, 7PM PST
- Foxen Vineyards, Chenin Blanc, Ernesto Wickenden Vineyard, Santa Maria, California, 2019
- Domaine Raoul Gautherin, Chablis, Burgundy, France, 2018
- Alegre Valgañón, Blanco, Rioja, Spain, 2019
- Kelman Family Vineyards, Encruzado, Dão, Portugal, 2017
- Domaine Zind-Humbrecht, ZIND Cuvée, Alsace, France, 2016
- Domaine Boutet Saulnier, Vouvray Sec, Loire Valley, France, 2014
About Ian Todd Blackburn, Wine Entrepreneur
Being a wine anything wasn’t part of the original plan – and when you’re raised in a military family, drinking wine may not be the first idea that comes to mind, either. Ian discovered the wine industry at the ripe age of 21 and didn’t consider it a career option, but working for top chefs in the formidable dining rooms of early 1990s Los Angeles blew doors open – leading Ian to a career in wine education.
In 1995, he started the internet’s first website dedicated to teaching the world about wine: LearnAboutWine.com. Hosting 100 classes a year for about 20 years – Ian is finally starting to get the hang of this.
In 2009, Ian and his best friend Clay Mauritson started making wine together: BeekeeperCellars.com; while this brand remains a small production, Ian hopes to grow Beekeeper Zinfandel into something special.
Working with and around great wine brands for most of his adult-life, and leading wine tours and culinary adventures around the world – Ian loves to share his story and his passion. When Covid shut down his wineLA.com event business, Ian pivoted full circle and restarted LearnAboutWine.com and launched ZoomIntoWine.com as a way to bring his version of wine education and entertainment to a limitless audience. With his family’s wine store Merchantofwine.com, virtual wine tastings with wine delivered “at home” is the latest chapter in the evolution of Ian’s dedication to wine education, edu-tainment and the wine lifestyle. This bio and life is a work in progress…let’s see what the next vintage provides