April 15th – The 18th Vinitaly International Academy (VIA) Italian Wine Ambassador Certification Course Agile Edition will be held in two modules: Online theoretical lectures, access to the study platform available upon completion of the registration; from 20th to 23rd June 2021 the in-person tasting and Q&A sessions will be held in Verona with support from the Italian Trade Agency.
The VIA Certification Course is exceptionally well thought out; the instructors have designed the course to give students the confidence to become adept Ambassadors of Italian wine. We have adapted to the current situation and use an innovative format to guarantee the students the best study results, enabling students to build a long-term career in the wine sector.
There is a focus on the native grapes of Italy, moving through Italy region by region, students will get a well-rounded experience, learning about wine in combination with food and Italian culture.
Online theory sessions:
The online sessions will be on our digital learning platform where students can watch and follow recorded video lessons from our faculty. It entails lectures on each of the 20 wine regions in Italy, including warmup sessions and a special seminar on VIA systematic tasting.
In-person practical session: The “in-person” sessions will take place in Verona from 20th to 23rd, June 2021; This session is divided between practical lessons, focused on wine tastings of selected wines and Q&A sessions with the Faculty.
All the students are invited to join the 10th edition of OperaWine (19th June)
- On the last day of the in-person session, students will sit the final exam:
- A 100 multiple choice questions; 2 short answer questions;Blind tasting of 2 wines;
Students are also requested to submit a group video project in advance as part of the examination.
- The student recruitment – till the 15th of May
- Access to the course platform – Upon registration
- The selection results will be relayed privately by email
In collaboration with Italian Trade Agency
- Registration fee: 1280 euros.
How to apply and register?
Click HERE and fill out the online application form and create your profile following the instructions.
Please note that you’re required to attach:
- the updated CV (in PDF format)
- a recent photo (headshot, clear background, 5 MB maximum, JPEG format).
Upon the approval of the application, the applicants are required to submit the registration form (sent by email from us) filled in and signed on the application platform. The applicants will then obtain access to the online sessions as soon as the registration form is verified and the registration is completed. Applicants can check the status of the application by consulting the profile page or writing to us.
Applications will only be confirmed upon receipt of the completed registration form and fee. Forms and payments not submitted will result in the candidate’s exclusion from the course.
Required Text (available on Amazon.com):
- Italian Wine Unplugged Grape by Grape. Positive Press, 2017
- Sangiovese Lambrusco and other vine stories, Positive Press, 2019
For further information:
- Any questions, you can write to [email protected];
- Simply join the VIA info WhatsApp group here – https://chat.whatsapp.com/Ca3gixvnOJeF7lPzpil4jT.
Visit our website: https://vinitalyinternational.com/wordpress/via-verona-2021/