March 2nd – For Women’s History Month Les Dames d’Escoffier New York, whose mission is to advance and support aspiring professional women in the food, beverage and hospitality industries, presents two events centering on women’s professional accomplishments and expertise. The Festa Delle Donne (March 8) and Opening the Kitchen Door: Women Chefs Who Paved the Way (March 15) are part of Table Talks with Les Dames, a month-long series of virtual events hosted by Les Dames d’Escoffier International Chapters around the world. These virtual events range from tastings to demonstrations to panel discussions and more. A portion of the proceeds will help fund philanthropic efforts in the food, beverage and hospitality industries.
- What: Festa Delle Donne, A Celebration of International Women’s Day, Italian Style with a Mimosa Cake Demonstration & La Marca Prosecco Toast
- When: Monday, March 8, 5:30-6:30 pm
- Where: Eventbrite registration ($25/ticket) for Zoom online access
- Who: Award winning Chef Odette Fada, Restaurant-Hospitality expert Dame Marisa May and Wine industry professional Dame Francine Kowalsky
- Why: Join our Italian hospitality and chef experts Dame Marisa May, Chef Odette Fada and Dame Francine Kowalsky to raise a glass of La Marca Prosecco in celebration of International Women’s Day, Italian style, toast to women’s accomplishments and our shared sense of community. We’ll learn how to make the traditional creamy citrus Mimosa Cake. Mimosa is the official flower women present to their female friends and family members to celebrate this day in Italy. The event and a portion of the proceeds will benefit the LDNY Scholarship Fund.
- What: Les Dames NY Presents Opening the Kitchen Door: Women Chefs Who Paved the Way
- When: Monday, March 15, 5:00-6:00 pm
- Where: Eventbrite registration ($20/ticket) for Zoom online access
- Who: Dame Tanya Holland, Award-Winning Chef, Author & Restaurateur (Moderator) and Panelists Dame Mashama Bailey, James Beard Best Chef Southeast Award Winner, Executive Chef & Partner of The Grey, Rebecca Charles. Chef & Owner of legendary Pearl Oyster Bar (NYC), Pearl Kennebunk Beach & Spat Oyster Cellar (ME), Dame Christine Cikowski, Chef & Co-Owner of Honey Butter Fried Chicken/Sunday Dinner Club, Anita Lo. Michelin Star Chef, Iron Chef Winner & Top Chef Master, and Sara Moulton, Chef, Cookbook Author & Television Personality
- Why: Join us as we learn about the early pioneers who overcame the boundaries for entering the world of restaurant kitchens, as well as those who continue to forge ahead today. Hear their advice and find out where we need to go next. A portion of the proceeds will benefit LDNY Scholarship Fund.
About Les Dames d’Escoffier New York (LDNY)
LDNY is the founding and largest chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier International (LDEI), an experienced 501c3 non-profit organization. Its mission is to advance and support aspiring professional women in food and beverage, as well as to champion critical industry issues. LDNY’s vision is guided by three objectives: Education, Advocacy and Philanthropy. A recording of the event will be available on www.ldny.org. Follow @lesdamesny on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.