NAPA, Feb 01, 2021- Following the successful launch of weOAK® Tannin Selection oak inserts Jean-Charles Vicard is proud to announce the addition of weBLOCK and Éclats de Chêne immersion bags for wines requiring a faster turnaround.
“Launching a full range of oak alternatives has been a goal of mine for many years” said Jean-Charles Vicard, owner of the Vicard Group of Cooperages. “However, I was committed to offering a range of products that came as close as possible to replicating a barrel not just one flavor”. Drawing on the state-of-art technologies at the cooperage and having one of the largest inventories of stave wood in the industry on their 20-acre wood yard in Cognac has allowed the group to offer this unique oak alternative program.
The weOAK® range of product now includes:
- 17mm and 11mm Tank Staves sorted by tannin or toast and yields high quality results
- 7mm Tank Staves faster integration with great results and value pricing
- weSTAVE Mini (Barrel inserts) sorted by tannin level adds a second life to older barrels
- weBLOCK: A high quality, efficient oak solution. Available in 6kg bags
- Éclats de Chêne available in 6kg bags. A cost-efficient option to add elegant oak notes
If you would like samples for trials in 750ml bottle, please contact us at [email protected]
About Group Vicard
Group Vicard, one of the largest family-owned cooperages groups in the world, is based in Cognac, France and includes Tonnellerie Vicard, Vicard Generation 7, weOAK®, ECO Barrels, Vicard Fouderie and Merrain du Perigord. In addition, the Group owns Mangeard Industrie, a stainless-steel tank manufacturer. Drawing on 6 generations of oak expertise and paired with strong winery partnerships around the world, Group Vicard leads the coopering industry with innovation, reproducibility, and eco-responsibility.