Now through December 31st, SommCon will Donate an Annual Subscription to SommGo for sommeliers in need, one for every annual subscription purchased
San Diego, CA (December 3, 2020)– For a limited time SommCon will donate one annual subscription for each annual subscription purchased now through December 31st on its e-learning platform SommGo™, the streaming service for wine, beer, and spirit professionals and enthusiasts to learn from the world’s best authorities in beverage.
SommGo brings year-round beverage education right to a subscriber’s device anywhere and anytime they wish to view. The digital education platform features lessons and insights from some of the world’s top educators. Some of the classes currently streaming include:
- Pure Chablis: One Grape, One Region, One of a Kind
- With presenter James C. Barlow, CWE, CSS and Bourgogne Wines Ambassador
- Ecological Approaches to Viticulture
- With moderator Yannick Benjamin, Co-Founder, Wheeling Forward and panelists Mimi Casteel, Steward & Winegrower, Hope Well; Tom Croghan, Owner and Winemaker, The Vineyards at Dodon; and Dr. David Montgomery, Professor of Geomorphology at the University of Washington | Author of Growing a Revolution: Bringing Our Soil Back to Life.
- Pinot Grigio, The Versatility of the Italian Style White Wine
- With speaker Laura Donadoni, President, LA COM Agency & Wine Journalist/Author
- A Master Class: Not All Prosecco is Created Equal
- With speaker Iris Rowlee, San Francisco Sommbassador Restaurant: Frances Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore
- Introducing Japanese Bubbles: Sparkling Sake
- With speaker Toshio Ueno, MSS, VP & Executive Instructor, Sake School of America
- Lugana: The Elegant, Age-Worthy, Northern Italian White Wine
- With presenter Laura Donadoni, President, LA COM Agency & Wine Journalist/Author
- Effervescence: The Origin and Evolution of Sparkling Wines
- With presenter Alan Tardi, James Beard Award Winning Journalist & Author
- Unheard Voices in Wine Pt. 1
- With moderator Lia Jones, Executive Director, Diversity in Wine and Spirits and co-moderator Philippe André, US Ambassador, Champagne Charles Heidsieck and panelists DLynn Proctor,Director, Fantesca Estate; Brenae Royal, Vineyard Manager, Monte Rosso Vineyard; Rick Arline, Wine Director, Auburn Los Angeles; and Deniece Bourne, Business Development Manager, WSET
- Valpollicella: Terroirs, Styles, and Stories
- With presenters Lars Leicht, VP of Education, The SOMM Journal and Deborah Parker Wong, DWSET, Global Wine Editor, The SOMM Journal & The Tasting Panel Magazine
- How to Rebuild with Equity & Equality
- With moderator Elan Glasser, Director of Operations and panelists TJ Douglas, Owner of The Urban Grape; Phil Long, Winemaker of Longevity Wines; Julia Coney, Wine Writer, and Educator; and Tuanni Price, founder of Zuri Wine Tasting
Subscribers receive access to all previously released sessions plus 10 or more new sessions released each month. Topics of the SommGo courses range from regional and varietal explorations, terroir, winemaker panels, spirits, viticulture and winemaking, and more.
The price of an annual subscription for SommGo is $150. Purchase a SommGo subscription for you or a loved one HERE.
ABOUT SOMMGO™: SommGo is an on-demand streaming service for beverage industry professionals and enthusiasts to learn from the greatest minds and palates in wine, beer, and spirits. The service is powered by SommCon®, a leading conference and exposition for sommelier-level education and training of wine professionals and serious enthusiasts held bi-annually in D.C. and San Diego.