SommGo™ Features Global Wine Educators and Dozens of Topics to Explore
San Diego, CA (October 20, 2020) –SommCon®, a leading conference for wine, beer, and spirit professionals and serious enthusiasts announces the launch of SommGo™, the on-demand streaming service featuring the world’s best authorities in beverage. The subscription service and digital education platform brings year-round, on-demand training right to a subscriber’s device anywhere and anytime they wish to view.
“With SommGo, we give subscribers access to sommelier-level training and education designed for industry professionals, similar to the featured educational content at SommCon’s live conference and events, ” says Michelle Metter, Executive Director of SommCon and Founder of SommGo. “SommGo creates the opportunity for industry professionals to consistently receive premier education at their own convenience from our community’s best palates.”
Subscribers have access to lessons and insights from some of the world’s top educators with topics ranging from regional and varietal explorations, terroir, winemaking and viticulture, professional development, staff training, spirits, wine economics, diversity and inclusion, fun bonus content with winemaker profiles, Q&A’s, behind-the-scenes tours, and more.
Speakers and Educators Currently Featured on SommGo:
- Gillian Ballance, MS- Senior Educator, Treasury Wine Estates
- Fred Dex, MS
- Laura Donadoni, President, LA COM Agency & Wine Journalist/ Author
- Phil Long- Founder & Winemaker, Longevity Wines
- Alan Tardi- James Beard Award Winning Journalist & Author
- Lia Jones- Executive Director, Diversity in Wine and Spirits
- Joshua Orr, MS- Broadbent Selections
- Catherine Fallis, MS- Author, Ten Grapes to Know, The Ten & Done Wine Guide
- Eric Entrikin, MS- Germain Robin Brand Ambassador, E & J Gallo Winery
- Tahiirah Habibi- Founder, Hue Society
- Jay Youmans, MW- Advanced Sommelier, CWE, Capital Wine School
- Cameron Douglas, MS- Writer, Consultant, New Zealand Wines
- Meg Brodtmann, MW- Education & Outreach, Rob Dolan Wines
- Joe Spellman, MS- JUSTIN Vineyards and Winery
- Yannick Benjamin- Sommelier, Contento Restaurant & Co-Founder, Wine on Wheels
- Dorothy + John Gaiter- Senior Editors, Grape Collective, Renowned Authors
- Angela Gargano- Freelance Writer & Entrepreneur
- Haley Guild Moore- CEO of Acquire-Wine
- Wes Hagen- WSET2, Winemaker & Brand Ambassador, J Wilkes Wines
- Jancis Robinson- Influential Global Wine Critic, Esteemed Author + Journalist
- Julia Coney- Wine Writer, Educator, Speaker & Consultant, Founder of Black Wine Professionals
- Roger Bohmrich, MW
- Lars Leicht- VP of Education, The SOMM Journal
- Ray Isle- Food & Wine Executive Editor, Travel + Leisure, Wine & Spirits Editor
- Tuanni Price- Owner, Zuri Wine Tasting
- Geoff Labitzke, MW- Director of Sales & Marketing, Kistler
- Lisa Granik, MW- Author of Wines of Georgia
- Toshio Ueno, MSS- VP & Executive Instructor, Sake School of America
- TJ Douglas- Owner, Wine Buyer & Sommelier, The Urban Grape
- And more!
Monthly subscriptions to SommGo begin at $14 a month or save with an annual subscription for $150 for the year. Subscriptions to SommGo can be purchased HERE.
SommGo is an on-demand streaming service for beverage industry professionals and enthusiasts to learn from the greatest minds and palates in wine, beer, and spirits. The service is powered by SommCon®, a leading conference and exposition for sommelier-level education and training of wine professionals and serious enthusiasts held bi-annually in D.C. and San Diego.