The Bordeaux Wine School Kicks Off Online Education Series with A Virtual Live Harvest on September 22
BORDEAUX, FRANCE September 17, 2020 – The Bordeaux Wine School will release new episodes of their education series, How the Experts Tackle Bordeaux later this month. The fall program will launch on September 22 with a first-ever live broadcast from the vineyards led by one of Bordeaux’s young wine stars, Basile Tesseron, winemaker and owner of Château Lafon-Rochet. Participants will accompany Basile on a behind-the-scenes live harvest of his Médoc property – to include picking grapes in the vineyard and an insider’s look at cellar operations. Additional fall webinars will include a panel discussion with Bordeaux’s next generation winemakers and an in-depth look at the region’s most planted grape variety, Merlot. Mary Gorman-McAdams, Master of Wine and accredited tutor for The Bordeaux Wine School, will act as key moderator for the upcoming sessions.
“Our fall webinar topics are designed to broadcast the latest Bordeaux education and content into people’s homes,” shares Gorman-McAdams. “With the harvest upon us, we’re thrilled to offer our first live broadcast from the vines and welcome all to join in for the latest insights and discussion with the most informed voices in the region.”
Registration for the fall webinars is now open and accessible to all. Upcoming topics include:
- September 22 @11:00 AM ET: Live Harvest: next gen winemaker Basile Tesseron joins Mary Gorman-McAdams, MW, live from the vineyard. Register here.
- September 29 @1:00PM ET: Meet the Next-Generation of Bordeaux. Discover how the new faces of Bordeaux are tackling climate change, applying new techniques in the vineyard and cellar and safeguarding their iconic terroir for future generations. Register here.
- October 6 @1:00 PM ET: Through the Lens of Merlot. Understand the importance and unique characteristics of the region’s most planted grape variety – get under the skin of how Merlot-driven wines are evolving today. Register here.
A continuation of the series’ successful launch this summer, How the Experts Tackle Bordeaux’s fall webinars are set to deliver unparalleled, online access to up-and-coming voices from the region, as well as top educational material for wine trade professionals and curious consumers. The Bordeaux Wine School will continue to offer complimentary access to fresh educational content through December 2020.
ABOUT The Bordeaux Wine School
In 1989, the winemakers and négociants who form the Bordeaux Wine Council (CIVB), launched a wine school whose ambition was to share thousands of years of knowledge with the widest possible audience. Today, The Bordeaux Wine School trains more than 85,000 people each year and has over 300 experienced accredited tutors around the world, all motivated by a shared commitment to wine education and innovation.
ABOUT Bordeaux Wine Council (C.I.V.B.)
Bordeaux Wine Council (C.I.V.B.) was created by the French Law dated August 18, 1948. It unites representatives from the three families in the Bordeaux wine industry: winegrowers, merchants and traders.
The CIVB’s 4 missions:
- Marketing mission: position Bordeaux wines as the brand of reference, create a strong bond between consumers and the Bordeaux brand, recruit new, younger consumers and ensure their loyalty.
- Technical mission: build knowledge, protect the quality of Bordeaux wines and anticipate new requirements related to environmental and food safety regulations.
- Economic mission: provide intelligence on production, the market, the environment and sale of Bordeaux wines around the world.
- The industry’s general interests: protect the terroirs, fight counterfeiting, develop wine tourism.