Special Wine Club Includes Virtual Tastings with Experience Enhancements
AUGUST 31, 2020 — MYSA Natural Wine and Wonder Women of Wine have partnered to support womxn winemakers from the comfort of home. MYSA and WWOW today announce a new experiential wine club benefiting womxn leaders in the wine industry being hosted at www.mysa.wine. While travel is currently restricted to many vineyards and wineries due to COVID-19, members of the MYSA x WWOW Wine Club will be treated to an enhanced online tasting experience of three natural wines from three European women winemakers.
MYSA, a natural wine eCommerce platform co-founded by entrepreneur and environmentalist Holly Berrigan, expanded its current wine club offering to include virtual tasting experiences to be hosted by Advanced Sommelier Rania Zayyat, founder of Wonder Women of Wine. After navigating her career through the male-dominated wine culture, Zayyat formed her non-profit organization to advocate for gender equality in the wine industry through solution-based discussions, networking, and scholarship opportunities.
“MYSA’s specialty is bringing some of the most delicious natural wines from around the world to our doorsteps. Through this wine club, we are able to highlight and give a voice to the women winemakers producing it all,” said Zayyat. “Right now, there’s a general lack of representation of womxn in winemaking. It’s through the generous donations from programs like the MYSA x WWOW Wine Club that allow us to provide education and opportunity for womxn interested in pursuing leadership roles in the industry.”
“When we started talking about the partnership with WWOW, we knew it would be an enhancement to the traditional wine club experience with ‘choose your own adventure’ tiers of virtual tastings, gifts and supporting the growth of more womxn leaders in the industry,” said Berrigan. “We’ve all seen how virtual happy hours have become the ‘new normal’ for people looking to stay social and connected with friends and family. The MYSA x WWOW Wine Club delivers a unique at-home moment to break up the monotony of quarantine.”
MYSA selected three women natural winemakers from across Europe to launch the program. These individuals have built and grown their wine businesses by incorporating biodynamic or organic farming and pioneering techniques into the winemaking process. The following bottle selections are included in the first MYSA x WWOW Wine Club:
- Weingut Schmitt – Rosé 2018 brought to you by Bianka Schmitt and her husband, Daniel. These two talented, young winemakers create biodynamic wine “just from grapes” in the Rheinhessen region of Germany. BONUS: This particular varietal is currently SOLD OUT from the producer, but MYSA x WWOW secured the last bottles just for this Wine Club experience.
- Krisztina Csetvei – Zöldveltelini brought to you by Krisztina Csetvei. This talented young winemaker has built her wine cellar in Hungary’s Mór Wine Region to bring more attention to its diverse wine making capabilities.
- Domaine Des Deux Ȃnes – Premiers Pas Corbières 2017 brought to you by Magali Terrier. Situated in the Languedoc region of France, the 2 Anes biodynamic winery features wandering animals such as donkeys and sheep, thus where their name comes from!
Whether someone prefers to enjoy a glass of wine solo, or if they like gathering with friends, the MYSA x WWOW tiered experiences allow for customization:
- Tier 1: Treat Yo’ Self Wine Night — A wine club experience completely guided by you. The package comes with access to a self-guided video tasting led by Rania, so either indulge solo over a few nights or encourage your friends to sign up and join you in the tasting. Includes: three bottles of the featured wines, a private, self-guided tasting video, and a gift for $125.
- Tier 2: Wine Lovers Unite — An experience for someone with a true passion for natural wines as they’ll get treated to an in-depth lesson on the category. Led by Rania, the pre-scheduled evening tasting will be dedicated to the women behind the wine with special guests stopping in to sip along with everyone. Includes: three bottles of the featured wines, a live, virtual tasting journey, and a premium gift for $155.
- Tier 3: Private Wine and Dine Night — A fully customized tasting and culinary experience perfect for a company “outing,” a birthday celebration, or a bachelorette. Designed for small groups of 6 – 10 guests to enjoy a private wine event with Rania, tours of select cellars and vineyards led by the women winemakers, and a live culinary demonstration. Includes: six bottles of the featured wines, a live, virtual tasting and food experience, and a custom gift starting at $610.
Each purchase of a tiered experience directs 10% of the proceeds towards Wonder Women of Wine’s annual scholarship program. The September offering will be the first in a series of three experiential wine clubs to benefit womxn winemakers. For more information on the MYSA x WWOW Wine Club, visit www.mysa.wine.
About MYSA Natural Wine
MYSA Natural Wine is a wine club and eCommerce platform focusing is on natural wines from small producers, farmed sustainably, and made with minimal intervention. You’ll find traits like organic, biodynamic, native yeasts, unfined, unfiltered and vegan in most of our wines. We’re location-agnostic, and simply look for wines that we’re be proud to represent. Follow us at www.mysa.wine.
About Wonder Women of Wine
Wonder Women of Wine is a non-profit advocating gender equality in the wine industry. Our efforts are achieved through solution-based discussions, networking and scholarship opportunities. We empower women to adopt leadership roles in all facets of the wine industry and advocate men to be equal voices for, and activators of, gender equality in wine in both professional and social settings. We foster mentorship between men and women alike in order to change the status quo. Join the movement at www.wonderwomenofwine.com.